Talk

Advanced search

Would it bother you if your dc were eating lunch at school sat on the floor?

(18 Posts)
yearningforthesun Wed 13-Jul-11 09:29:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

strawberrie Wed 13-Jul-11 09:31:48

I remember eating packed lunches on the floor at primary school; it's not ideal but not a huge deal in my eyes.

reelingintheyears Wed 13-Jul-11 09:32:07

No,wouldn't bother me.

No, that would be known in this house as 'moaning for the bloody sake of it' wink

ZZZenAgain Wed 13-Jul-11 09:33:49

I find it a bit strange. I cannot say I wouldbe totally thrilled about but I cannot think of any real reason why they shouldn't do it. No chance of another table being organised?

yearningforthesun Wed 13-Jul-11 09:33:53

BabyDubsEverywhere Wed 13-Jul-11 09:34:09

Cant see a problem, id assume the pack lunches would be easier to eat on the floor as they are usually tidy/packaged items that make less mess than chips and gravy on a plate...(back to my school days grin )

supadupapupascupa Wed 13-Jul-11 09:34:11

not ideal, but its just a picnic really

sausagesandmarmelade Wed 13-Jul-11 09:35:33

Yup...bit like a picnic.

But cooked meals should be eaten sat at the table definitely

leapster Wed 13-Jul-11 09:36:15

no i wasnt aware its a bad thing, mine eat sat on the floor at home all the time they love a good indoor picnic lol!

cjbartlett Wed 13-Jul-11 09:36:32

It's a bit odd every day. Couldn't they rotate the kids around
Or if it's nice weather let some of them eat outside ?

yearningforthesun Wed 13-Jul-11 09:36:48

onadifferentplanettoday Wed 13-Jul-11 09:39:13

Wouldn't bother me at all, when ds' were at junior they had their lunch outside sitting on the grass with their teacher like a picnic whenever it was a nice day.

mamadivazback Wed 13-Jul-11 09:39:37

I don't think I'd be too happy but I don't think it's terrible either.

If they don't have enough room for all the kids then I don't think they should be taking in so many, it's not safe for children to be eating on the floor in such a crowded room if there are no proper areas designated so I'd want to find out about that and ensure that the carpet area is cleaned daily.

Other than that I guess not.

mamadivazback Wed 13-Jul-11 09:42:32

Yearning if there is space for another table then they should have one, most schools (here in Scotland anyway) have big long tables with seats attached to them that fold in half upwards and then wheel along to whereever they are to be stored.

It's not fair on kids with pasta, soups etc.

beanlet Wed 13-Jul-11 09:42:37

No. Totally normal for packed lunches. Not for plated up cooked meals thougg.

itisnearlysummer Wed 13-Jul-11 09:44:26

No. Fine for packed lunches. Not an issue.

I suppose it would be easier to have the packed lunch brigade sat on the floor and the hot dinner lot at the table thinking on it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now