Talk

Advanced search

To think those boycotting anything to do with Murdoch are mugs

(114 Posts)
Chestnutx3 Wed 13-Jul-11 09:09:03

what the hell do you think you will achieve. So far lots of journalists and all their support staff have been made unemployed. Do you want the people at Sky and all the other Murdoch companies in the UK to lose their jobs too. You are not punishing Murdoch you are purnishing largely innocent people. Get a grip.

reelingintheyears Wed 13-Jul-11 09:11:03

biscuit

blubell Wed 13-Jul-11 09:13:54

biscuit in fact here, take the packet......

EuphemiaMcGonagall Wed 13-Jul-11 09:14:21

biscuit

allegrageller Wed 13-Jul-11 09:15:27

hahahahahaha

thanks, you have given me my first belly laugh of the morning

purits Wed 13-Jul-11 09:15:47

If there is a demand for their services then someone else will employ them.

IroningBoardForSurfBoard Wed 13-Jul-11 09:16:00

i'm on a health kick, so no biscuits here - have this instead <yawn>

GeekCool Wed 13-Jul-11 09:17:35

Surely the fact he is having to spend billions propping up his company shows it is working...

Youremindmeofthebean Wed 13-Jul-11 09:18:01

Well, the boycott hasn't made lots of innocent people lose their jobs, that was fundamentally the responsibility of News International.

biscuit

rainbowtoenails Wed 13-Jul-11 09:18:17

Cant do biscuit on my phone but have one. Those murdoch employees shou/d have thought about the ethics of their employer before taking the job.

lubberlich Wed 13-Jul-11 09:18:30

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

ZZZenAgain Wed 13-Jul-11 09:18:33

I understand your sympathy with people who are now out of work and their families. Everyone knows that to lose your income is incredibly hard. However I think you have the wrong villain in the piece. Was it not Murdoch whose newspaper was involved in criminal activities and who fired his staff?

It wasn't me I assure you.

GetOrfMoiLand Wed 13-Jul-11 09:19:11

sausagesandmarmelade Wed 13-Jul-11 09:19:43

How rude!

It's up to individuals to spend their money as they wish. If they decide to boycott the group on principle then sobeit!

Youremindmeofthebean Wed 13-Jul-11 09:20:50

as an aside, I love 'fuckwit' as an insult.

reelingintheyears Wed 13-Jul-11 09:21:12

Am i to assume you think Gordon Brown's son's medical records were fair game?

Aquired legally or not it was a repulsive act to ring him up and tell him they 'knew' and were running the story whether GB and his wife liked it or not.

LyingWitchInTheWardrobe Wed 13-Jul-11 09:22:05

The employees are collateral damage. It's up to their company to look after their welfare, redundancies etc. I wonder if the phone hacking was provable a while ago but was left till now to put the blockers on the Sky takeover? Murdoch is odious and I hope he doesn't get any more opportunities in the UK. Hopefully the employees have some rights which are being protected whilst they look for other jobs.

LyingWitchInTheWardrobe Wed 13-Jul-11 09:24:51

I agree with that, reeling, but it's unfair not to levy the same disdain at the public who salivates over this scummy slop. The quality of some people really does defy belief.

LDNmummy Wed 13-Jul-11 09:27:06

OP you are very silly. These people are going to recieve some form of financial settlement for loosing their jobs and if they are worth hiring, someone will take them on.

Why should everyone allow the disgraceful behaviour that goes on within this company to carry on just to hold on to the jobs of a few, when the impact of the attrocious actions of those who work within the company can have much wider reaching and awful effects on the public and the victims directly involved?

There is a morally responsibility for all of us to not allow this to continue.

I only wish people in this country put as much effort into boycotting other companies that cause atrocities outside of the UK that are connected to this country.

ChristinedePizan Wed 13-Jul-11 09:27:46

Beautifully put GOML

reelingintheyears Wed 13-Jul-11 09:29:07

I don't hold the people who buy it with disdain.

It's up to them how they spend their money.

Just the likes of Rebecca Brookes (and others) who were in charge at the time.

IsSamNormansDad Wed 13-Jul-11 09:29:26

my very first biscuit

It is sad that so many innocent people have lost their jobs but illegally accessing phones, medical records and lets not forget, DELETING missing peoples voicemails is wrong!

sausagesandmarmelade Wed 13-Jul-11 09:33:24

If this is a catalyst for the complete over-haul in how the media operates then sobeit.

Hope that the empire folds...and Rebekah and her like lose their jobs.

Their staying is making the situation worse.....

People might be more inclined to buy the papers if they thought that those higher up the chain (and ultimately responsible for the hackings) had been eradicated.

ZZZenAgain Wed 13-Jul-11 09:35:29

"People might be more inclined to buy the papers if they thought that those higher up the chain (and ultimately responsible for the hackings) had been eradicated."

yes

WhereYouLeftIt Wed 13-Jul-11 09:35:50

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now