Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To be nervous as hell about going back to work today?

(14 Posts)
LauLauLemon Wed 13-Jul-11 08:52:28

I go back to work after three years of being a SAHM and freelancing. It's not a high flying job, full time bar staff for minimum wage, but freelancing wasn't bringing in any money and with DH having been made redundant we need money to support our two DD's.

I am sat in the bath really nervous with my hands shaking and butterflies worried about how DH will cope at home and whether the DD's will miss me (age 3 and 7 months).

AIBU or should I pull my socks up and just stop being so neurotic?

LauLauLemon Wed 13-Jul-11 08:54:13

I'm also worried about being the new girl and adjusting. It's like the first day at a new school all over again and god knows I hated school!

holyShmoley Wed 13-Jul-11 08:55:29

no your reaction is perfectly normal! But trust you DH and the girls to have loads of fun!

Best of luck!

LyingWitchInTheWardrobe Wed 13-Jul-11 08:55:42

Plan some nice treat for when you get home and just bite the bullet. Your employer is looking forward to you starting and after half an hour, you'll feel a bit more settled knowing where things are and so on.

First day nerves are the very devil, aren't they? Good luck for today, you'll be absolutely fine. smile

TittyBojangles Wed 13-Jul-11 08:57:34

Good luck on your first day LauLau, I'm sure it will all go fine and you will enjoy the new challenge. And I bet your DH and DC will cope better than you think. smile

startail Wed 13-Jul-11 08:57:36

Good luck and a bitenvy, I've been a SAHM for so long I'm not sure could get a job.
Hope they're all lovely to you.

LauLauLemon Wed 13-Jul-11 09:09:40

Are there still hormones racing around 7 months PP? I'm feeling very very hormonal - and a bit unreasonable.

<<quivers>>

itisnearlysummer Wed 13-Jul-11 09:10:25

YANBU. Good luck. smile

FannyPriceless Wed 13-Jul-11 09:14:49

Your reaction is totally normal and I entirely relate.

Well done on achieving the return to work! I suggest you plant a big smile on your face all day and think about how well you have done to achieve this. Whatever shape your working / parenting takes in the years to come, you have provided options for yourself and your family. Have a great day.smile

Scholes34 Wed 13-Jul-11 09:20:20

By the end of the day, you'll wonder what you were worrying about.

theothermrsclooney Wed 13-Jul-11 09:21:12

Good luck. I've been back at work for a year after taking some time out and remember the feeling and have member of my team who came back to work in March after 10 years at home. I met with her yesterday and she told me although it was hard at first, settling into new routines, lack of confidence etc she now loves it! She looked great too, really confident. Guess I'm trying to say you may have some wobbles in the early days but that's to be expected and it will soon become "normal"!

Enjoy!

CurlyBoy Wed 13-Jul-11 10:46:41

I know the feeling LauLau. I was made redundant in February and our new toddler moved in with us a month later. I finally got a new job and start on Monday. It's pretty similar to what I was doing before but I'm still filling my pants! It's not just going back to work after almost 6 months, it's how much I'm going to miss being at home with our little boy. We've bonded really well and he goes to me and my wife equally and I'm so grateful for the time off with him. I worry about how our relationship is going to change and how well my wife will cope with full time parenting without help. I'm really nervous about the whole thing. I'm sure it'll work out, but that thought isn't helping me sleep!

Congratulations and good luck tonight! smile

DrCoconut Wed 13-Jul-11 11:40:54

My maternity leave will have to end in September when DS is 6 months. We can't afford for me to be off any longer as I'm the main earner and have a nursery place at work sorted. But I love being with DS and here when my older child gets in from school. I'm worried about whether DS will settle at nursery, cry for me etc. If I had the money I would definitely resign. So you are not unreasonable at all. Hope all goes OK smile

molepom Wed 13-Jul-11 14:04:38

Oooh good luck, hope you have a wonderful time and your nerves dont get the better of you.

Remember as you are new, you are allowed to make a few mistakes and never worry about asking questions no matter who silly they may seem to you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now