Talk

Advanced search

Horrible child at softplay (uurgh) BIT my niece THREE times.

(38 Posts)
Reality Tue 12-Jul-11 22:04:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

I would be FUMING

Surely if the mother knows the child's a biter, she should be keeping a close eye on him and jumping in at the first sign of any bother?

Your poor wee DN sad

AuntiePickleBottom Tue 12-Jul-11 22:07:25

ds was a biitter, i had to hoover over him to make sure he didn't bite.

youarekidding Tue 12-Jul-11 22:11:04

auntie hoovering him might have been a little OTT. grin

I would be fuming too. Yes children bite but as said above the parents should be dealing with it.

skybluepearl Tue 12-Jul-11 22:12:37

with biters parents should be next to them at all times

AuntiePickleBottom Tue 12-Jul-11 22:13:12

i swear my spelling is get worse shock

southeasthamster Tue 12-Jul-11 22:13:36

and muzzle their child preferably

Reality Tue 12-Jul-11 22:15:59

hairfullofsnakes Tue 12-Jul-11 22:16:39

I too would be fucking fuming. If you see them again flag them up with the owners - she should not let her son on soft play if he does that. She delay
With it shitly and should have talk him straight off. Your poor niece!

beanlet Tue 12-Jul-11 22:16:56

Oh god. YANBU to be distressed about your poor DN. YABU to call the biter a horrible child. You admit he was likely younger than 22 months, i.e. he's only a baby. Negligent parent, maybe. Horrible child definitely not.

<feeling a bit sorry for the biter>

HeyYouJimmy Tue 12-Jul-11 22:16:59

grin @ Auntie. Well, I never knew vacuum cleaners could stop kids from sinking their teeth into other children. What's yer model?

Loonytoonie Tue 12-Jul-11 22:18:59

Youngest was a biter, DD2 (poor wee thing) had numerous chunks taken out of her. Biters shouldn't be left to their own devices when other kiddies are around. Lazy parenting IMO.

thestringcheeseincident Tue 12-Jul-11 22:20:17

My DD got her face really scratched and eyes gouged when she was 2. God it was awful. I'm very relaxed about these things normally. But the lady running the place said this child was always doing things like this. I mean, why take them out to softplay if you know this will happen. My friends DD was always a bit of a puncher but my friend HOVERED like a loon whenever she went out.

Hope your DN is ok.

Reality Tue 12-Jul-11 22:20:33

Mumbrane Tue 12-Jul-11 22:21:41

My DS was a terrible biter, but we had a one strike and you're out rule. If he bit someone, we left. Simple as that.

MollyMurphy Tue 12-Jul-11 22:24:32

Well I wouldn't blame it on the little one but mum should have been carefully monitoring him knowing that he is inclined to bite. I know people don't want to helicopter but if you know your child might hurt someone than you need to be on top of it. I empathize - my son is super passive and will just sit there when older babies are trying to munch off his face. I have to hover so I do.

pingu2209 Tue 12-Jul-11 22:26:42

YANBU! If you have a child that you know will bite/hit etc. then you should watch them like a hawk. If they bite/hit once you then take them out and not let them back in.

Too many parents think their child's behaviour is acceptable because they are too young to understand; and that other people should also accept their poor behaviour.

Many children go through a biting phase, but you make sure you don't put your child in a situation they can bite.

EuphemiaMcGonagall Tue 12-Jul-11 22:27:56

"l'esprit de l'escalier"! grin I'm stealing that.

Sorry about your niece - I used to hate softplay when DD was little: I spent my whole time telling older children off. angry

BethanRebecca Tue 12-Jul-11 22:28:12

My DS is 16mo and a terrible biter, hair puller, hitter... It's the most mortifying thing in the world, and i DREAD taking him to groups. But i do, because it's good for him, but i don't leave his side! There's nothing worse than parents letting their children run wild, knowing what they're likely to do!

HeyYouJimmy Tue 12-Jul-11 22:32:39

Hope you DN is alright OP. I also agree that parents of biters (DD was a biter for a v. short time) should keep a very close eye on their kids for the safety of other DC's.

LunaticFringe Tue 12-Jul-11 22:36:55

itsybitsy08 Tue 12-Jul-11 22:45:06

YANBU.
Children who bite should be closely supervised.
No way should a situation arise where they have the chance to attack another child 3 shock seperate times!
I have every sympathy for parents who have children that bite/punch/hair pull etc (it must be hard), i would lose it fast if they are allowing their child to roam free. Awful.

Reality Wed 13-Jul-11 08:15:43

HairyFrotter Wed 13-Jul-11 09:27:35

I feel sorry for your DN but if my toddler or one in my care had been bitten I would have gone in the toddler area with them. Yes it SHOULD be the biters mum that does the monitoring but she obviously wasn't despite her knowing that her child was a biter.

knitpicker Wed 13-Jul-11 09:32:39

Just being nosey but why has your BIL asked you to take his daughter to the gp?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now