Talk

Advanced search

To be pissed off with my neighbours decorator

(10 Posts)
minibmw2010 Tue 12-Jul-11 18:44:16

Just managed to get 7 week old DS to sleep for first time today and he's absolutely screaming exhausted and an industrial Hoover sound noise starts outside. One of our neighbours has decorators in (house gets rented out regularly) and they are using some really noisy thing to suck water out of the carpets. Am very embarrassed to admit I did go round and ask how much longer they'd be as they'd woken up my baby.

Man just said 'another half hour or so' so I snapped and said 'right well bloody get on with it then' and then got told off (rightly so I guess) by the man for being rude !! First time of feeling like a tigress in respect of baby and I have to say it quite surprised me ....

squeakytoy Tue 12-Jul-11 18:46:06

Yep, you are being rude and unreasonable.. but at least you admit it.

But its easy to have little control on your temper when you are sleep deprived, so its understandable.

ButWhyIsTheGinGone Tue 12-Jul-11 18:46:44

I understand your frustration but YWBU to be rude - in fact if I were him I would be tempted to give you a mouthful right back. For want of a better way of putting it, he's paid to do his job, not worry about your baby. Not like he was doing it on purpose.

MorticiaAddams Tue 12-Jul-11 18:49:09

YABU but it did make me laugh. It's incredibly frustrating when something like that happens.

BlameItOnTheBogey Tue 12-Jul-11 18:53:53

God I remember when DS was this age and they decide to erect scaffolding all over our apartment block. This involved loudly chucking about metal pipes and shouting at each other. It always seemed the waited until DS was asleep before really going for it. So I do empathise with you but it's really not on to shout at someone who is just doing their job in the middle of the day...

minibmw2010 Tue 12-Jul-11 19:01:44

Hmm not sure I'd call 6.30 pm the middle of the day but fair enough blush

JamieAgain Tue 12-Jul-11 19:05:20

Ooo it is awful when you are sleep-deprived and just want the baby to get to sleep. I don't know what the answer is (not shouting, ideally), but you have my sympathies

bubblesincoffee Tue 12-Jul-11 19:05:55

YABU. 6.30 is still very early, and you had no reason to be rude to someone who was just doing his job.

minibmw2010 Tue 12-Jul-11 20:23:29

I know, really, and even while I was there in my head I was thinking 'what are you doing' ... blush. Thankfully DH has managed to get poor DS asleep and it'll all begin again in a few hours.

HowlingBitch Tue 12-Jul-11 20:32:50

Hey! Your human.

Everyone snaps at one time or another. At least you admit it. Perhaps offer a nice cuppa and a biscuit if you see him again. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now