Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Okay after the past couple of days I am definitely deleting FB! I can't possibly be being UR.

(16 Posts)
SchrodingersMew Tue 12-Jul-11 18:27:34

One of my friends just posted about seeing someone swear and shout at their 3 year old and pushing them about and how disgusted he was, that although he didn't like kids that is the reason he wont have any but people who have kids should look after them properly.

I thought it was a good post because mainly he posts a lot of crap, but then someone commented on it with a link to this:

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=beat

I feel completely disgusted that someone would make a website like that, even if it was meant jokingly it's horrid.

MummyTigger Tue 12-Jul-11 18:57:12

To be honest, this is one of those issues that have people really up-in-arms to the point where even expressing a personal opinion about it has you lynched.

FWIW, whenever I was naughty I was always given either a tap on the back of the hand or (for more serious offences) a tap on the bum. Never enough to cause a lasting mark, but certainly enough to carry across the impression that whatever I was doing, it was naughty and I should stop. I was always told exactly what I did wrong, and made to say out loud what I did wrong to reinforce it, and it's probably a tactic I'm going to end up using.

But just because I advocate a small tap on the back of the hand doesn't mean I agree with ANY form of abuse that is unwarranted or leaves a bruise (or worse). There is a distinct line in my head that I absolutely refuse to cross.

This is my opinion, and like my stepdad always said: opinions are like arseholes. Everyone has one.

NurseSunshine Tue 12-Jul-11 18:57:19

It's not facebook's fault that you have friends with suspect sense of humours! Delete/hide the friend. Or delete your fb if you're not bothered about it. Does it matter?

saidthespiderwithahorridsmile Tue 12-Jul-11 18:58:26

eh? do a proper link

MummyTigger Tue 12-Jul-11 18:59:39

And for the record I'd never dream of using ANY of those tactics used in that article - EVER. No matter how bloomin' naughty my children were.

SchrodingersMew Tue 12-Jul-11 19:01:03

MummyTigger I was smacked too and while I don't really see the need for it and I think with me it done more damage than anything else I respect other people's opinions on it.

But this wasn't just about smacking, if it was I would have just closed the page it was simply because of how horrible the website was.

Nurse I didn't say it was Fb's fault, and this wasn't a friend that posted this it was someone I don't know commenting on a friends post.

I have already made a thread about FB this week and that's me realised that it winds me up so much I simply have to delete it.

MummyTigger Tue 12-Jul-11 19:01:35

But no, YANBU. I only use Facebook for gameplaying nowadays - Frontierville is my heroin.

SchrodingersMew Tue 12-Jul-11 19:01:49

Hopefully the link will work this time...

www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=beat

TheMagnificentBathykolpian Tue 12-Jul-11 19:35:44

Is that page not in fact an anti-child abuse page, the real message of which is the total opposite of everything it says?

I don't want to believe that it is even meant jokingly, surely it is meant as a message against child abuse? That you can't treat your children like that?

SchrodingersMew Tue 12-Jul-11 19:42:42

Unfortunately I don't think it is as it was posted as a 'joke'. sad

The picture at the bottom makes me feel sick.

TheMagnificentBathykolpian Tue 12-Jul-11 19:45:52

It may have been posted by the person you are talking about as a joke, but the intention of the page itself is surely an anti-child abuse message and your friend is just stupid and not getting it?

I could just as easily be wrong of course, but it just seemed so insane that it simply had to be a sort of reversal to get a message across, iyswim. Or maybe there really are people that awful out there and I am naive. grin

Numberfour Tue 12-Jul-11 19:50:35

!he picture at the bottom is horrible, but I do think that the article was intended as tongue in cheek. Unfortunately there would be some fuckers who cannot see the irony in it.

SchrodingersMew Tue 12-Jul-11 19:55:29

Magnificent The guy has made a comment about the person who made the page, something about the funniest thing he has done so I don't know how to believe it is anti what it seems to be sad, the band mentioned on the page as well is one of my favourites and quite unknown so I am guessing whomever made the page is fairly young. confused

mippy Tue 12-Jul-11 20:05:15

No, the guy who wrote it is guy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maddox_(writer). He's basically a career troll and you shouldn't let yourself be upset by him. I'd worry about the quality of my friends if they found him funny, though.

mippy Tue 12-Jul-11 20:05:41

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maddox_(writer) stupid link

SchrodingersMew Tue 12-Jul-11 20:10:09

Mippy Thanks for posting that. smile

Fecking trolls. angry

Luckily he wasn't one of my friends, just a friend of a friend.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now