Talk

Advanced search

I think

(19 Posts)
jbcbj Tue 12-Jul-11 14:23:55

....for the following. This morning at Tumble Tots (ok, probably first crime there but in my defense DD has more energy than a herd of kangaroos high on lucozade and she LOVES it. So I take her.) there was a birthday and they had brought in Haribo. I declined to take some for DD (she was not bothered) and in the car I gave her a flapjack and an organic rice cake. KNOBBER ALERT - I am so glad no-one saw me refuse haribo for flapjacks. And they were Graze Box flapjacks, too. <shuffles off embarrassed>

jbcbj Tue 12-Jul-11 14:24:44

that was meant to be titled I think I am officially a knobber...

even more apt now blush

JeremyVile Tue 12-Jul-11 14:26:36

I don't get it.

FoundWanting Tue 12-Jul-11 14:28:00

Not a proper knobber unless you exclaimed loudly, in your best mummy voice, "Oh, no darling. Not nasty Haribo. We don't eat those, do we, darling? No, we'll have a scrummy Organic rice cake, won't we? So delicious. Not like those nasty old sweeties."

CrapolaDeVille Tue 12-Jul-11 14:29:52

Posting about it deos make you a knobber.

itisnearlysummer Tue 12-Jul-11 14:31:58

YANBU for the very fact you bought flapjacks and did not make them yourself. A la me. [smug emoticon]

I had a very upset DD in playground this morning when I confessed she had tuna mayo sandwiches in her lunchbox rather than couscous and falafel. "But I wanted falafel and couscous!" was to be heard wailing across the playground.

I think I am also a <that word you used> too. grin

jbcbj Tue 12-Jul-11 14:39:33

so only a semi-knobber, then. must try harder <off to dig out nice organic flapjack recipe> grin

hellospoon Tue 12-Jul-11 14:44:10

Was it one of them flapjacks from that company online? If so you are vu! My mum got some the other week as people at work were raving about them.. They are awful tasteless crap!

hellospoon Tue 12-Jul-11 14:44:10

Was it one of them flapjacks from that company online? If so you are vu! My mum got some the other week as people at work were raving about them.. They are awful tasteless crap!

CrapolaDeVille Tue 12-Jul-11 14:46:13

Oh bugger meant to do wink

catinboots Tue 12-Jul-11 14:47:56

Here have a medal OP.

Well done you.

confused

jbcbj Tue 12-Jul-11 14:49:38

's ok crapola, i truly am! although slightly reduced because i whispered my haribo refusal and explained that it made dd hyper. as dd was currently doing wall-of-death around the hall i think they understood....grin

hellospoon, yes, they were graze box flapjacks. i think they taste nice (so does dd, she mugs me for the box every tuesday!).

jbcbj Tue 12-Jul-11 14:50:34

ooh, cat, a medal! i love medals for self-deprecation, i'll hang it with the rest! <excited hand clapping>

CrapolaDeVille Tue 12-Jul-11 14:51:36

You're just one of those buying sliced/chopped veg and ready made flapjack folks.....we have nothing in common!! wink

LilBB Tue 12-Jul-11 14:53:37

You are a knobbier for not taking the haribo then eating it yourself whilst DD had organic whatever. I love it when DD comes home with a party bag for me to raid.

LilBB Tue 12-Jul-11 14:54:07

That should say Knobber. Stupid autocorrect.

Chandon Tue 12-Jul-11 14:55:44

yuk to factory made flapjacks...

I never let my kids have coca cola. So one day, when they were with their grandparents, they guzzled 6 cans each without anyone noticing (WTF?!) and projectile vomited all night.

That was a lesson for them, and a lesson for me.

...and you?

IroningBoardForSurfBoard Tue 12-Jul-11 14:56:55

what LilBB said about taking the haribo and eating yourself.

def a knobber for NOT doing that <eyeroll>

jbcbj Tue 12-Jul-11 15:05:30

crapola - i squeeze my own oranges, does that count? and make cakes for me to eat

LilBB - damn, i didn't think of that. I have just finished all her easter chocolate, so I could have done with something else... Definitely a knobbier knobber...

Chandon - sorry, but grin !! The thought of dd on cola brings tears to my eyes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now