Talk

Advanced search

to think that all news international papers should be closed down?

(8 Posts)
rainbowtoenails Tue 12-Jul-11 14:10:23

Or at least sold to other companies? They are obviously not a fit and proper organisation and thus should be legally barred from professional media.

We have enough papers to be able to still have plurality of press without the s7n and the times.

rainbowtoenails Tue 12-Jul-11 14:11:28

The sun

oohjarWhatsit Tue 12-Jul-11 14:11:40

if you dont like what they do, dont buy it

not rocket science

there must be a market for sleaze and tittle tattle else they would have gone out of business yonks ago

Sirzy Tue 12-Jul-11 14:14:15

the papers themselves arent the problem though, but the few unscrupulous people who are doing these things.

Take the closure of the News of the World. 200 jobs are going/at risk as a result but how many of them had anything to do with the phone hacking? how many knew it was going on or condone it? I am guessing not many. However, people like Rebekah Brookes who was incharge and therefore knew (or should have) is still employed?

Makes no sense at all to me!

sausagesandmarmelade Tue 12-Jul-11 14:17:45

That could well happen rainbow.

I won't be buying any of the papers...but then I never did really (only once in a blue moon).

Would also like to see Rebekah walk!

TartyMcFarty Tue 12-Jul-11 14:17:55

The unscrupulous people are, effectively, the newspapers' face and ethos though.

CogitoErgoSometimes Tue 12-Jul-11 14:19:54

YABU... the government and other people in positions of power would love it if there were far fewer newspapers and journalists poking their noses in and uncovering their dirty secrets. Don't buy the paper if you don't want to but calls for bans are grossly overstated.

SybilBeddows Tue 12-Jul-11 14:20:00

I commented this to dh last night and he said newspaper owners are generally corrupt - Robert Maxwell anyone?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now