Talk

Advanced search

To think I should be paid when it was their mistake.

(6 Posts)
bedheadz Tue 12-Jul-11 11:44:23

I work for an agency, recieved a call late on Sunday for a late shift on Mon (I missed first call so have answer phone message).

Turn up for my shift two buses (1 hr journey) to be told, you were booked in for the early. my husband would normally pick me up but luckily I had enough money to get home (no cash point for miles around).

I walk through the door an hour later, phone ringing and its the agency, they have made a mistake they had someone booked in for the early who cancelled and me for the late and never let the company know. They do need me will I go back and someone from the office will pick me up. I arrived back again two hours late for the shift.

I have spoke to the agency today and they are just going to pay me for the hours I did plus one hour.

AIBU to expect to be paid for the full shift, plus out of pocket for the extra bus fares.

bedheadz Tue 12-Jul-11 11:45:28

Sorry should have said, I am not expecting the company to pay me but the agency.

redexpat Tue 12-Jul-11 16:27:57

Pass. Perhaps post in employment?

Sounds really annoying though.

QueenStromba Tue 12-Jul-11 17:31:45

I'd have thought out of the three of you that the agency is the least to blame for this. The company shouldn't have told you to go home when they did actually have someone booked for that shift and you should have phoned to check with the agency before going home again.

LadyClariceCannockMonty Tue 12-Jul-11 18:31:37

What should the OP have checked with the agency before she went home? Are people supposed to double-check every booking their agencies make for them?

bedheadz Tue 12-Jul-11 19:43:52

The agency have said it was their mistake.

I shoould have phoned your right, but my mob was stolen last week and I haven't replaced it yet. The boss of the company had a face like thunder and I didn't have the confidence to ask to use her phone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now