Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to stop work until we get paid?

(7 Posts)
MrsFruitcake Mon 11-Jul-11 19:54:18

Long story short - DH is a web designer, I work as sales for our company, drumming up new business. I also work somewhere else part time. Someone where I work part-time has the need for a web site, we have agreed to build him one, DH started work on it Thursday, will be ready this Friday.

Cost was discussed and it was agreed he pay today. Still no funds in account as of 15 minutes ago though, and we are really in need of the cash, like, now.

Don't know how to bring this up with 'customer' as I also work with him so it makes it awkward.

AIBU to want not to do any more until the funds come in?

Tee2072 Mon 11-Jul-11 19:56:36

Do you have a written, signed contact with this person?

dickiedavisthunderthighs Mon 11-Jul-11 20:05:19

Have you chased it? He might have just forgotten.

squeakytoy Mon 11-Jul-11 20:14:00

Have you invoiced him?

Despite what he has verbally agreed, I would not pay for something until it was actually functioning and could see it.

cricketballs Mon 11-Jul-11 20:19:48

as squeakytoy said; I would not pay 'cash' for a product/service until I had seen it.

If he has agreed though to pay today, have you been in touch maybe there is an issue that you are unaware of in terms of internet/banking issues/home life etc etc

Pandemoniaa Mon 11-Jul-11 20:23:08

I wouldn't expect to be paid for any sort of design job until the client had approved it. Unless there was a prior agreement about payment in part, that is.

Pandemoniaa Mon 11-Jul-11 20:23:37

Should add "the client had approved the finished product".

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now