Talk

Advanced search

to be getting pissed.....

(24 Posts)
CheerMum Mon 11-Jul-11 19:22:15

i know it's not a friday night but i have had a right bastard of a day and am rather quickly working my way through a bundle of cider.

this is my first AIBU so please be gentle with me (plus i suspect i may burst into tears)

halfbakedcookie Mon 11-Jul-11 19:24:05

I've had a shitter of a day as well and am also working my way through many bottles of cider.

Whats up, anything you want to rant about?

missmalteser Mon 11-Jul-11 19:25:12

I am also getting pissed as i am off work until Wed so really this is another Sat night (this makes perfect sense in my head)

missmalteser Mon 11-Jul-11 19:26:09

Oh also very sorry you've had a bad day wine

CheerMum Mon 11-Jul-11 19:27:12

hehe thanks ladies. just a tough day, bad back, depression etc blah blah blah.

cheers all.

dh will NOT be impressed when he returns with dd from dance class to find me half gone so wanted some reassurance that i'm not some evil bitch

ButWhyIsTheGinGone Mon 11-Jul-11 19:27:39

Cheermum I will join you in the drinking! I have a big fat bottle of wine that I am intending to drink and not feel even slightly guilty for. Crap day also.
Anything we can....well, not help with...but do you fancy a moan/rant?

CheerMum Mon 11-Jul-11 19:27:57

have put "merlin" on dvd so can slobber over the young man playing arthur like a proper dirty old woman too hehe

BeerTricksPotter Mon 11-Jul-11 19:28:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ButWhyIsTheGinGone Mon 11-Jul-11 19:29:09

nope, not an evil bitch - just someone who's had a bad day and fancies a drink to feel less shit. Not a capital offence. xx

MavisEnderby Mon 11-Jul-11 19:30:22

I am shortly cracking open the vino when ds in bed.Crappy work day here too,think am having big crash emotionally atm,dps anniversary has really hit me hard and am very tearful atm.big hugs and a glass of something for others who have had crappola day x

MistressFrankly Mon 11-Jul-11 19:30:32

YANBU if i had anything in the house i would be joining you. I too have had rubish day so i say enjoy yourself and have one for me grin

AgentZigzag Mon 11-Jul-11 19:31:38

How could you be an evil bitch for having a few drinks after a shitty day?? smile

Will your DH be OK with you though? If he wouldn't be it'd counteract the effect of the drink on making you feel a bit better.

CheerMum Mon 11-Jul-11 19:31:59

thanks guys. we home ed and today was a difficult day, got through it but took a lot out of me. plus am coping with depression/anxiety and a bad back (prolapsed disc) and insomnia (joy)...oh, and ibs (delightful). i am aware that my coping mechanisms are not good ones (drink and self harm)

dh is mostly supportive but his dad was an alcoholic so he is less than tolerant. gaah, sorry for going on. will shut up now x

CheerMum Mon 11-Jul-11 19:33:00

big hug too mavis and a wine to M F

MistressFrankly Mon 11-Jul-11 19:33:06

Am considering ordering takeaway just for so they can bring me wine...

CheerMum Mon 11-Jul-11 19:34:10

ooh, do yours do that (v.v. jealous)

AgentZigzag Mon 11-Jul-11 19:34:53

Ah, well, if you're drinking might lead to you self harming then it's probably not a good idea.

AgentZigzag Mon 11-Jul-11 19:35:27

Sorry 'if your drinking...'.

missmalteser Mon 11-Jul-11 19:36:02

MistressFrankly do your takeaways really bring wine? now thats a service & a half!

CheerMum Mon 11-Jul-11 19:36:43

no worries, i like to self harm anytime, so don't worry that i'll do something stupid. will most likely fall asleep by 8pm!

AgentZigzag Mon 11-Jul-11 19:39:18

Are you getting any professional help with your anxitey/coping mechanisms CM?

CheerMum Mon 11-Jul-11 19:47:53

nope. i was told by the mental health team earlier this year that i had had more than "my fair share" of treatment. so, i just cope by myself.

i'm okay guys, don't want this to descend down to a morbid thread, just a bit of light relief after a crappy day

CheerMum Mon 11-Jul-11 19:48:27

so how have YOUR day's been?

MistressFrankly Mon 11-Jul-11 19:53:14

yes they do missmalteaser grin most will bring wine and beers. There is also the nice delivery folk that will bring ANYTHING from crates of beer and fags to nappies, loo roll and condoms 24/7 but that is a slippery slope my wallet would not thank me for.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now