Talk

Advanced search

to ask advice about spray tanning?

(14 Posts)
tallulahxhunny Mon 11-Jul-11 15:38:38

I am going on holiday early on Saturday morning and want to get a spray tan before i go, so was going to get one done on friday morning but i have shopping to do on friday, you know all the bits n peices you forget.. anyway I have just realised that maybe i wont be able to do shopping after getting a spray, so can anyone tell me what happens, will i be able to go shopping after or is it something you need to rinse off after so many hours or something??

help please

oohjarWhatsit Mon 11-Jul-11 15:40:02

one word

TANGO!

tallulahxhunny Mon 11-Jul-11 15:40:45

Noooooooooo sad

steamedtreaclesnape Mon 11-Jul-11 15:46:51

The only time I had a spray tan they warned me not to wear a bra (or anything tight) afterwards because it would rub off the tan and leave marks...

Now I just do a layer of Fake Bake before bed and rinse it off in the morning, I think it's just as good as getting a spray tan done.

Bellagio Mon 11-Jul-11 15:48:22

ive had loads and loads of spray tans, most of them have produced really good results so dont worry!
Most of them you leave on until the next morning before showering off but some have to be showered off after 4 hours or so. in any case you'd have time to shop.
However, you need to wear dark loose/baggy clothes, without tight waistbands/cuffs and go bra-less if you dont want it to go patchy so it very much depends on whether you care what you look like at the shops!
Have a lovely holiday!

LauLauLemon Mon 11-Jul-11 15:49:27

I second Bellagio.

Don't forgot to exfoliate, take off any hair you want to and moisturise the day before!

peanutsmuggler Mon 11-Jul-11 15:50:08

I'd go shopping first then get the spray tan.

You don't want to be out shopping looking like this www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2012629/TOWIEs-Maria-Fowler-red-alert-fake-tanning-disaster.html

bubblesincoffee Mon 11-Jul-11 15:52:18

Shop first, after you have exfoliated and moisturised lots the day before. And you should do as bellagio said, loose dark clothes and no bra.

tallulahxhunny Mon 11-Jul-11 15:54:17

great thanks bellagio, I think i will get it done in the afternoon then, I look bad enough without looking painted AND braless !! blush

There is a mobile spray tanning I was thinking about using but im a bit afraid in case they arent that good...but the upside is i could wear my jammies once they leave lol, or do you think a beauty room would be a better chance of it being good? sorry to be a pain

Bellagio Mon 11-Jul-11 15:57:56

I've had mobile tans, its the same stuff they use, they just bring the pop up tent and you go inside to get sprayed same as you would at the salon. There shouldnt be any difference in the end result.

izzywhizzyletsgetbusy Mon 11-Jul-11 16:05:20

Are you travelling by 'plane? Some airports have spray tanning booths in departure lounges - I got a free airbrush tan at Gatwick last summer thanks to a special promotion.

If you've got a friend with a steady hand get a diy kit from Boots, but whether you go diy or to a salon do make sure you exfoliate thoroughly beforehand otherwise you may end up with orange patches.

tallulahxhunny Mon 11-Jul-11 16:05:52

ok thank you , if i turn out orange im coming looking for you lol

northenlass Mon 11-Jul-11 16:07:24

My sis works in a spa and does spray tans she advised me shower and shave the night before exfoliate everywhere really well but don't use shower gel. No deodrant or any product after. On the day again no deodrant or product, wear loose fitting clothes. No shower for 8 hrs after the tan personally i'd get it done in the morning as spray tans smell a bit odd so you can shower in the evening before holiday.
Hope it goes well and have a great holiday

frazzle26 Mon 11-Jul-11 16:09:31

And be sure to turn round blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now