Talk

Advanced search

Called a woman an "evil bitch!"

(203 Posts)
SquiggleSplat Mon 11-Jul-11 13:40:16

Posted this in "other subjects" but didn't get a response in 4 minutes and I'm feeling impatient!

I was coming out of a car park earlier today and there was car in the lane next to mine. A woman was driving and a small child (2/3ish) was climbing about inside the car and not strapped in. I hate it when you see that as it's so stupid and irresponsible! A child around here died not that long ago in a similar situation. So anyway being a big mouth this happened . . . I honked my horn to get her attention and said -

me: strap your child in, that's dangerous and illegal
her: oh SHUT UP!
me: you EVIL BITCH! (top of my lungs! blush)

Now I know some won't agree with the language but, well, I don't care about that. As far as I am concerned she is an evil bitch so why shouldn't I tell her I think so! One emergency stop and that child would either go though the windscreen or hit the dashboard (as the other child did) and break her neck sad

Being called a bitch was getting off lightly when she came very closs to being beaten to death with my flip flop!!!

cheekeymonkey Mon 11-Jul-11 13:43:44

That is mild. YANBU. Should have taken her Reg and reported her

SouthGoingZax Mon 11-Jul-11 13:44:04

Maybe her child had escaped from its car seat. Do you have a toddler? She may have been looking for somewhere to pull over.

No need to be so nasty, imo. Do you have anger issues?

lovecorrie Mon 11-Jul-11 13:44:06

I'd have said worse blush. I stunned my poor mother into horrified silence for more than 30 seconds the other day - I was driving through a village we used to live in unknowing that the road layout had changed. merrily turned into a road we used to drive down belatedly realising that it was now one way - a taxi was coming towards me so I backed up and gave him an apologetic look, as you do, whereupon him and his elderly lay customer glared and he swore. My response (not proud): 'why don't you fucking fuck off you fucking cunt! I hope you die you fucking fucker' Oops. So, no you are NBU. Ignorant, dangerous road users need to be told.

EricNorthmansMistressOfPotions Mon 11-Jul-11 13:44:29

biscuit

SouthGoingZax Mon 11-Jul-11 13:46:07

lovecorrie - you were in the wrong and you let rip with that!

erm - you were the ignorant, dangerous road user. Someone 'told' you and you didn't like it.

HerbWoman Mon 11-Jul-11 13:46:26

From her reaction I'd say that the child probably escaped from car seat and it's a trick the mum is getting pretty fed up with. So perhaps she was going to find somewhere to pull over and strap the child in. Perhaps. We don't know. So I think YABU to shout at her without knowing if she was going to do something about it already or not. If DS was messing about in the car at that age, I would pull over as soon as I could, but it just isn't possible to do that on every road.

EricNorthmansMistressOfPotions Mon 11-Jul-11 13:47:50

lovecorrie - you were the ignorant, dangerous driver there! What a nasty way to behave.

worraliberty Mon 11-Jul-11 13:48:51

So you distracted her driving while she had a loose child in the car?

What was the point in that? confused

valiumredhead Mon 11-Jul-11 13:49:31

Nasty! YABU. YOU are the one that shouldn't be behind a wheel reacting like that, never mind the other driver!

HerRoyalNotness Mon 11-Jul-11 13:49:36

There is always someone on a thread that has a ready excuse for behaviour. She was coming out of a carpark south, why not just repark and strap said "escapee" in, if that was the case.

I think I would have been PA and said would you like a hand strapping your child in, before I got all shouty.

YANBU

GetOrfMoiLand Mon 11-Jul-11 13:49:46

Is it Eastenders day on mumsnet today?

WhipMeIndiana Mon 11-Jul-11 13:50:06

hmm bit of road rage...
doesnt make her 'evil' or a 'bitch' maybe thoughtless and dangerous

SouthGoingZax Mon 11-Jul-11 13:53:59

HerRoyal I don't have an excuse for the OP's behaviour.

I have heard that toddlers can escape on occasion from their car seats.

Even if she had not strapped the child in, OP could have been more constructive in her approach.

Callisto Mon 11-Jul-11 13:54:56

More of a dumb bitch than a stupid one, but you are not being unreasonable to tell her to strap her child in. I have reported someone to the police before now for not having a car seat in the car and driving around with a 3 or 4 month old lying on the back seat.

Catslikehats Mon 11-Jul-11 14:01:57

Charming hmm

mayorquimby Mon 11-Jul-11 14:03:00

"Ignorant, dangerous road users need to be told."

Yet when you were told you responded by calling him a cunt who you hoped died.

YABU to shout and swear at someone like a docker in public. You can make the point without swearing and losing the moral high ground, IMO.

SquiggleSplat Mon 11-Jul-11 14:06:33

I told her that her child being free in the car was dangerous, how could I have been more constructive then that! She was the one who told me to SHUT UP, proving that she thought it was fine in her eyes! Otherwise she would have reacted differently.

She wasn't looking for somewhere to pull over, there is nowhere after you come out of the car park, you are on a road where you have to keep moving and there is no roadside parking.

It was her choice to let her child do that, we were side by side for a while in our queues to go through the barriers and at no point did I hear her tell her child to sit down or tell the child to stop unclipping themselves etc. She was just looking at the kid occassionally and fiddling about with her phone!

If I had taken down the number plate would the police have done anything?

cherrypez Mon 11-Jul-11 14:07:08

southgoingzax....cool name I LOVE that book! OP- I agree with what you are saying but shouting abuse at her was less constructive than taking her reg as someone else suggested.

DesperatelySeekingSedatives Mon 11-Jul-11 14:07:27

YWBU to shout abuse at this woman in front of her DC- there was no need for that imo. Also it can't be a good idea to distract someone driving a car while a child is bouncing around in the backseat. If it bothered you that much you could have taken the reg number and reported her (dunno if anything would have been done about it though).

ragged Mon 11-Jul-11 14:09:23

I don't think she was Evil; maybe misinformed, stupid, reckless, foolish, not thinking straight, but Evil Bitch is very very harsh and should be reserved for a lot worse, imho. yabu

SquiggleSplat Mon 11-Jul-11 14:09:39

YABU to shout and swear at someone like a docker in public. You can make the point without swearing and losing the moral high ground, IMO.

It's not about moral high ground fgs! It's about a childs safety! Trying to get through to someone who is too ignorant or careless to realise already that if they break hard their child will get cut into a thousand pieces as they go through the windscreen.

When things like that are at stake who cares about moral high ground or not swearing bla bla bla!

SquiggleSplat Mon 11-Jul-11 14:11:23

Also it can't be a good idea to distract someone driving a car while a child is bouncing around in the backseat

What moving at 0.5mh?

ShirleyKnot Mon 11-Jul-11 14:11:55

You sound completely barking. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now