Talk

Advanced search

to think £100 shopping for 5 people and a cat is not bad?

(9 Posts)
biddysmama Mon 11-Jul-11 13:12:11

for 2 adults (i am pg and bf 2 babies so overeat eat a fair bit lol) a 9 year old, a 27 month old and a 10 month old and thats for everything,food, baby stuff,cleaning stuff,and the cats food and litter.

dh comes home for his lunch and ds1 has packed lunches so that shoppings for every person,every meal for a week? just wondered whats average

spiderpig8 Mon 11-Jul-11 13:15:51

I spend about £140 for 6 including cleaning ,mmaterials etc if I'm careful.But on top of that we have school dinners and milkman to pay

redskyatnight Mon 11-Jul-11 13:18:23

Well it's a "how long is a piece of string" question isn't it? Most people will work within whatever budget they have. I foresee you getting answers from "nothing because I am totally skint and live off nettles and grass" to "I spend £100 on each meal, but my caviare has to be gold plated".

Was there a particular reason you wanted to know? Does your DH object it is too much?

JenniL1977 Mon 11-Jul-11 13:18:50

Where are you shopping at, because I need to go there!!

Spent £160 in Sainsbury's yesterday for DH and I - that will last about 3 weeks, with a £30-40 top up at Tesco Express each week on veg, fruit, milk, lots of biscuits and sweets for heavily pg me etc. We both usually have packed lunches too.

lockets Mon 11-Jul-11 13:18:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

itisnearlysummer Mon 11-Jul-11 13:19:27

We spend about £60/70pw on 4 inc. cleaning materials.

This includes packed lunches for DD and DH.

We pay for DS school dinners on top.

Shopping prices are getting fecking ridiculous, I get all my cleaning stuff from el cheapo shops, meat comes from butchers and the odd pizza what ever from iceland or somewhere of that ilk. Spend around £40 a week in Aldi and that's with dd taking pasta salad for lunch every day plus me and dp eat at home. Probably around £60 a week altogether.

I'm a stingy bastard tho who refills flash bottles with watered down bleach and almost soley relies on neat dettol/white vinegar and the odd bit of washing powder for general cleaning blush

Oh and ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ that's for 2 kids, 2 adults and 1 cat.

Babieseverywhere Mon 11-Jul-11 13:21:02

£50 Per week. One baby in cloth nappies, one toddler in disposals nappies, one child, two adults and five cats.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now