Talk

Advanced search

to not get why Loose Women are anti-Mumsnet?

(86 Posts)
SortingHardHat Mon 11-Jul-11 13:09:58

Forgive me I'm usually at work when this trash is on tv but why would the good ladies of mumsnet put Carol 'Craggyface' McGiffin's head on a stick? smile

DandyGilver Mon 11-Jul-11 13:14:24

I think everyone would, given the chance and a handy stick. Wouldn't they?

SortingHardHat Mon 11-Jul-11 13:15:24

Good point.

MrsBuntyisRatherGrumpy Mon 11-Jul-11 13:18:16

Loose Women are tedious, harp on about a load of crap and mostly quite thick. That is all.

supadupapupascupa Mon 11-Jul-11 13:19:30

i can't watch it, it's just far too bloody noisy! all that clapping....

poppygolucky Mon 11-Jul-11 13:19:41

It's probably because she is a thoroughly obnoxious woman who has made some incredibly ill-informed and ignorant comments about patents, children and breastfeeding.

Adair Mon 11-Jul-11 13:19:41

Aw, I like her. BUt I believe (from idly reading the odd thread here and there) that she is prone to the odd endearingly/offensively clueless comment about child-rearing.

And of course, we on 'mumsnet' only ever have ONE VIEW THAT WE ALL SHARE according to the media (would be a v boring AIBU if so... huh?)

Tchootnika Mon 11-Jul-11 13:21:49

Didn't see the show, but MN's definitely an easy and tediously overused target.

saggarmakersbottomknocker Mon 11-Jul-11 13:22:51

My one abiding memory of her is a comment she made that she should be able to drink and drive because she lives in a rural location and hardly sees anyone when driving home from the pub. hmm

poppygolucky Mon 11-Jul-11 13:23:15

Parents even. Although if on Dragons' Den, she'd probably make some stupid comment about patents too.

suzikettles Mon 11-Jul-11 13:25:52

YABU to watch Loose Women. It's piss-poor.

There'll be a re-run of Friends or some such on E4 probably if you change the channel.

hairfullofsnakes Mon 11-Jul-11 13:26:01

They are a bunch of gnarled nasty banshees who spout crap - especially that Carol McGiffen - who cares what they think?!

southeasthamster Mon 11-Jul-11 13:26:33

probably because of threads like this? i really have no problem with the show, it's ok for lunchtimes

jklikesrowing Mon 11-Jul-11 13:26:57

oh well not everyone likes mn!!! perhaps she is just jel!!

annoyingdevil Mon 11-Jul-11 13:30:55

It's an easy target, probably because it's presented by women, which always gets people's knickers in a twist.

Personally, I'd rather watch it than other misogynistic panel shows. The one's where one woman makes a guest appearance, and ends up getting the piss taken out of her.

Janet Street Porter is brilliant on Loose Women, as is Lynda Bellingham. Both highly intelligent, fiesty women.

mistressploppy Mon 11-Jul-11 13:33:06

Why isn't 'feisty' ever used to describe men? <ponders>

FreudianSlipper Mon 11-Jul-11 13:37:49

because the loose women panel is made up of cunty witches of low intelligence

and many on here are of higher intelligence that can actually debate issues other than what is going on in soaps or what celebs are doing

very sad that janet street porter is on there (or so i have read) why why why

ThisIsJustASagaNow Mon 11-Jul-11 13:38:06

The plug's being pulled on LW isn't it?

MrsBuntyisRatherGrumpy Mon 11-Jul-11 13:39:31

The very problem for me is that it is presented by women, obviously targeting women , assuming that said audience enjoys a chorus of cackling and the presenters talking about nothing much or themselves. I think some of the presenters dumb themselves down actually. So I think the programme makers are misogynistic assuming their target audience is thick. They need to research their demographic better.

worraliberty Mon 11-Jul-11 13:40:23

I love loose women...I didn't realise they were anti MN shock

Then again I love the Matthew Wright show too and it was only his piss taking that made me curious enough to join grin

Thingumy Mon 11-Jul-11 13:40:55

no they are trying to recruit 'bigger' stars as presenters.

Daily fail mentions Dawn French and Caroline Ahearn today as possible candidates.

SortingHardHat Mon 11-Jul-11 13:42:06

It seems to be a trashy doctors surgery magazine in televisual form.

ThisIsJustASagaNow Mon 11-Jul-11 13:43:51

Oh my word. Dawn French and Carolyn Ahearn can do better than a crummy lunchtime chat-show shuurely?? Both far too good for that.

ThisIsJustASagaNow Mon 11-Jul-11 13:44:39

Sorry 'Caroline'. Doh!

MrsBuntyisRatherGrumpy Mon 11-Jul-11 13:45:21

Just say NO, Dawn and Caroline!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now