Talk

Advanced search

To compare my DP to a pair of old boots?

(10 Posts)
StellaSays Mon 11-Jul-11 12:43:44

I have a pair of Dr Martens that I love and wear pretty much every day.

They are very comfortable and fit me perfectly, my feet actually feel better in them than they do au natural.

They are very quite scruffy but I think this adds to their charm, they have holes in but very rarely leak. I have worn them in all kinds of places and they were as good stomping through the desert as they are for nipping to the shops.

I actually like their scruffiness and what it says about me. I will happily wear them out to a club with a miniskirt because they will allow me to enjoy myself without being hobbled and still look (to my odd ideas of fashion) sexy.

I'm blessed to have a DP who is as durable, suited to me and just as awesome as my boots.

Anyone want to share? What would you compare your DP/DH to?

Birdsgottafly Mon 11-Jul-11 12:47:32

Mine goes from being a big black cloud hanging over me to the sun shining in my sky, depending on my mood grin

Malificence Mon 11-Jul-11 12:57:43

He's like my favourite chocolate, it never disappoints, it cheers me up after a crap day, I can finish it off in minutes or make it last all night, it's dark and smooth and unwrapping it always makes me smile.

redexpat Mon 11-Jul-11 13:00:04

My sister says men are like shoes. They're either flashy stillettos (look great but hurt after 4 hours), court shoes (reasonable smart, can wear them to most occassions, good support) or slippers (very comfy around the house and keep you cosy).

I am most definitely married to slippers.

MummyTigger Mon 11-Jul-11 13:01:22

I'd probably be a bit meaner and compare my DP to that pair of massive granny-pants that every woman seems to own - the huge Bridget Jones style ones.

They may not be the flashiest, most attractive things in the world, but when you wear them you feel better about yourself because it manages to hide all the stuff that you feel self-concious about.

You don't care about that little bit of sagging elastic at the back, they will always be there to support you and let you feel that little bit more confident when you're out and about.

They are perfect for flashy fancy parties where you have to wear that dress that, without the pants, would make you look dreadful, but they are also perfect for a loungy day on the sofa.

And it doesn't matter how grey they go, I'd never have it any other way smile

cantspel Mon 11-Jul-11 13:02:48

mine is like my favorite old bra.
I have had it for years and the straps are going a bit grey but it still supports me in the right places.
I might like to look at new frilly lace numbers in la senza but i know i will never find another one that fits as well as my old greying marks and sparks one.

discobeaver Mon 11-Jul-11 13:26:12

Loving the image of Stella's man "rarely leaking" !

Thistledew Mon 11-Jul-11 13:33:06

My DP is a good quality rucksack.

Practical, increases my comfort and lightens the load of whatever I have to carry. Is the best thing to have on any of life's adventures.

StellaSays Mon 11-Jul-11 15:04:55

Yes disco, he is most reassuringly watertight grin

Mandy2003 Mon 11-Jul-11 15:16:30

My friend says her DP (I've never found anything D about him at all!) is like a comfy old pair of slippers.

In my experience slippers do not lash out in temper, belittle you in public, get revoltingly drunk every night or sit around in their underpants watching TV at max volume. But I am fussy about slippers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now