Talk

Advanced search

To leave 4 children sleeping in one bedroom

(11 Posts)
Poweredbypepsi Mon 11-Jul-11 09:34:31

we have 3 bedrooms used to have two children per bedroom. Downstairs we have a conservatory where dh used to work ( he works from home) and also a playroom.
Dh was getting disturbed by the noise of the children and needed a bit of quiet to take calls etc so we decided to move our bedroom downstairs into the playroom, move the playroom into the conservatory and make the smallest upstairs bedroom into an office for dh.

We moved the office upstairs last week but since it was too much moving to do all in one day we moved all the kids beds into one room. Since then they have been begging to stay together, we told them they could have a try fora few days and they still want to stay together. The beds all fit ok but if it was longterm i would probably get a bunk bed to make a bit more floor space in there.

However i have this nagging suspicion that I am being unreasonable pushing them all in one room while I relax in my newly freed up conservatory ( ah the sun comes in it's lovely). They are all under 7 three girls one boy, it is a privately rented house so we are not likely to be here when they get older.

Aibu ? Should I split the rooms back out to make more space?

feckwit Mon 11-Jul-11 09:36:21

I would keep it like that for now and see how it goes. The novelty might wear off...

CurrySpice Mon 11-Jul-11 09:36:34

If they want to, why not?

I would only worry if they were disturbing each other's sleep tbh

Debs75 Mon 11-Jul-11 09:39:59

Let them stay as they are for now. It will be a little adventure for them. The novelty will wear off soon.
If it doesn't then they could have a room for sleeping and the other room for their clothes and things

spookshowangel Mon 11-Jul-11 09:40:47

i have 3 kids in one room(not by choice) but its fine bit of a squeeze but they enjoy it most of the time, i stagger bed times so they dont keep each other up they dont wake each other in the night. they novelty will pro wear off at some point and keeping it tidy will be a nightmare but there is no harm in it.

Zimm Mon 11-Jul-11 09:42:29

Don't see the problem if they are happy- many many kids all round the world share happily with far more people! Leave them there and enjoy the space! Ooo and you now have a spare room for guests!

HelloKlitty Mon 11-Jul-11 09:50:32

You need one of these fabulous things

So cool!

Scholes34 Mon 11-Jul-11 09:51:31

Had three sharing one room, by choice, up to DD being 6. Wasn't a problem at all. I think if it frees up more living space downstairs you'll probably welcome it.

mollschambers Mon 11-Jul-11 09:54:10

I'm pretty sure the novelty will wear off so I wouldn't invest in any new furniture just yet. Leave them be for now though.

trumpton Mon 11-Jul-11 09:56:00

That bed is great. I can just hear the conversation.... "Where's the little one ?" " Oh I slid him under the bed "

queenmaeve Mon 11-Jul-11 10:31:13

That is the treat in our house on friday nights! They call it the ultimate bed and they push two singles together and the four of them sleep on it. I would leave it as its the summer and you can relax a bit for a while

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now