Talk

Advanced search

to do a mumsnet hacut on myself right now?

(17 Posts)
TrinIsASadSpottyFatRhino Sun 10-Jul-11 17:41:53

I shoudl divulge that I'm rather tipsy, rather depressed about Duke and just a bit fucked off in general

shall I?
I mean it'll grow and doesn't need to be mega short

TrinIsASadSpottyFatRhino Sun 10-Jul-11 17:43:36

'I'll fart in your general direction'

..... "A SHRUBBERY"

<snigger>

good film

Goodynuff Sun 10-Jul-11 17:51:45

if 'hacut' is haircut, plan it now, cut it later grin or at least promise us before and after photos!

seriously though, sorry about Duke

TrinIsASadSpottyFatRhino Sun 10-Jul-11 17:56:42

thansk goody, you know I actually read that through a couple of times for mistakes.....hmm

oh g'wan let meeeee

TyMinisterForMagic Sun 10-Jul-11 17:58:26

I dont think you should Trin, not till you can see the typos wink
Sorry about Duke sad

UsingMainlySpells Sun 10-Jul-11 18:00:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TrinIsASadSpottyFatRhino Sun 10-Jul-11 18:02:21

<sulk> <huff> lemmme doo it, I wont blame you lot grin

LittleJennyRobyn Sun 10-Jul-11 18:05:05

NO!..... absolutely dont do it until you are sober.

It's hard enough cutting a straight line as it is without being ratted.

I did mine the other day and had a seriously tough time trying to get it even as my hair is quite thick. Sorted it in the end though.....would never even contemplate it pissed.

UsingMainlySpells Sun 10-Jul-11 18:08:35

LittleJennyRobyn Sun 10-Jul-11 18:18:50

Yes i do the MN cut, being doing it for a couple of years.
You really need to get the line straight but as mine is thick it usually goes down diagnally on the left side so it ends up longer.

I cut from the to the right (right handed) to the left, then i have to take the longer bit on the left and cut that in smaller sectictions to make sure its all the same length.

IYSWIM.

Then once i'm certain its even feather into it with the scissors, it does help if you have good scissors though.
If its not quite even when i take the band out i put it back up and cut any stray bits/even it up

UsingMainlySpells Sun 10-Jul-11 18:27:33

LittleJennyRobyn Sun 10-Jul-11 18:42:17

I watched lots of you tube videos before giving it a go i was a bit nervous making a mess of it as my hair is quite long.

i was umming and aahing then thought fuck it and just did it. Initially it looks like you have cut loads off but you do keep a nice length obviously depending on where you make your first cut.

I keep it in the ponytail and feather into it loads whilst still tied up.
Then asess if i need any more layers when i take it down if some of the layers look a bit too blunt then i shape them by taking that section of hair, holding it up and do light feathery cuts in a diaganol line down that section, so you are only taking a minimal amount off but giving it shape.
I dont always need to do this though.

I'm probably not explaining it very well if you look on you tube on search cutting layers should give you an idea. But watch a few because some of them are horrendous as everyone does it different.

LittleJennyRobyn Sun 10-Jul-11 18:49:55

www.youtube.com/watch?feature=iv&v=T1zfvhViBPM&annotation_id=annotation_760609

this is the video of what i do after doing the initial MN haircut if needed.

LittleJennyRobyn Sun 10-Jul-11 18:51:38

But i dont do it wet though as my hair has a natural curl to it so i need to do it dry and after its been straightened.

UsingMainlySpells Sun 10-Jul-11 18:57:57

Goodynuff Sun 10-Jul-11 21:12:56

I think we need a link to the original MN haircut

BeerTricksPotter Sun 10-Jul-11 21:16:41

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now