Talk

Advanced search

To be annoyed at friend even though she was doing me a favour.

(130 Posts)
yearningforthesun Sun 10-Jul-11 14:45:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

happygilmore Sun 10-Jul-11 14:46:26

Did you not see her at the end of the party?

GoggleEyed Sun 10-Jul-11 14:47:40

So she called you this morning and the party was today? shock It is not like she could forget in that short a space of time!! YANBU!! What a cow.

yearningforthesun Sun 10-Jul-11 14:50:56

AgentZigzag Sun 10-Jul-11 14:51:17

She let you down, but the question has to be why.

Is she normally shite at timekeeping/doing what she's said?

Wecanfixit Sun 10-Jul-11 14:51:39

Think she has some explaining to do , poor you.

buzzsore Sun 10-Jul-11 14:53:08

YANBU.

Sirzy Sun 10-Jul-11 14:53:14

My first concern would be something has happened meaning she couldnt come. But if it turned out to be she just changed her mind/forgot I would be annoyed

happygilmore Sun 10-Jul-11 14:53:33

Oh I see, what I was trying to say is, have you seen her to ask what on earth happened. You have got to ask her if she is OK when you see her, as you thought something must have happened to her for her to just not turn up.

If she really did just let you down like that, that is awful.

aliceliddell Sun 10-Jul-11 14:53:39

OOh, now that's annoying.

purplepidjin Sun 10-Jul-11 14:53:47

Yanbu to be pissed off. She broke a promise!

It's not like she was talked into it begrudgingly

PuppyMonkey Sun 10-Jul-11 14:54:23

Have you not been able to ring her and find out what happened? Maybe some dire emergency type thing??? I dunno, I would be pissed off too.

squeakytoy Sun 10-Jul-11 14:54:55

If the party was starting at 2, why would she need to pick you up at 11? are you sure you didnt get the times wrong that she would be picking you up?

mumblebum Sun 10-Jul-11 14:55:16

Well she didn't do you a favour did she?! Although saying that my money is on absent mindedness rather than deliberate nastiness. I've been known to do stupid things like that and felt terrible about it, mush for brains.

yearningforthesun Sun 10-Jul-11 14:58:05

worraliberty Sun 10-Jul-11 14:58:34

Maybe she had an emergency and someone else dropped her DD there without knowing they should pick yours up?

Good point, why would she pick your DD up at 11 if it doesn't start til 2?

yearningforthesun Sun 10-Jul-11 15:01:13

PuppyMonkey Sun 10-Jul-11 15:01:15

Ok, so having a glass of wine would seem to rule out the poss of a dire emergency. grin how odd though, I'm dying to find out what happened now.

FabbyChic Sun 10-Jul-11 15:01:57

Thats mean. How can she forget when she arranged it this morning? I'd not do fuck all else for her ever again.

AgentZigzag Sun 10-Jul-11 15:01:58

If it's out of character for her then there must be a good reason for it, even if that's just her forgetting.

Is it telling that you're assuming the worst of her?

How good a friend is she?

GwendolineMaryLacey Sun 10-Jul-11 15:03:33

I would be seriously pissed off, favour or not. I can't bear people who don't stick to agreements and we can assume it wasn't a crisis as her dd was there. How can you arrange to do something in the morning and claim to have forgotten a couple of hours later?

AgentZigzag Sun 10-Jul-11 15:07:11

I would hope a friend would wait and see before they judged if I did anything not typical of my usual behaviour.

duckdodgers Sun 10-Jul-11 15:09:16

Of course she was doing you a favour - but she did offer. I would be seriously angry tbh, its your children who would have been let down at the end of the day. How are your children getting home?

You need to come back and tell us her excuses what had happened.

GwendolineMaryLacey Sun 10-Jul-11 15:12:13

So what would be acceptable then? She clearly had time to do it as her DD was there, no accidents, illnesses, major panics. Why offer if you're not going to bother? Just meant that the OP was sitting at home while her dd missed the party.

worraliberty Sun 10-Jul-11 15:15:53

So is she still not answering her phone now?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now