Talk

Advanced search

noisy breathing something to worry about - not AIBU but not sure where to put it!

(7 Posts)
working2gally Sun 10-Jul-11 14:28:00

My 7mth dc has suddenly (this w/e) developed "noisy breathing" like a sort of wheeze. particularly when he seems excited about something, but most of the time. It's a bit alarming - like he might find breathing difficult. a bit like a heavy smokers might be.
I'm not sure if I should be alarmed by this?? has anyone else' dc had this?

FabbyChic Sun 10-Jul-11 14:29:25

Why not take him to the doctor to get him checked out?

Sirzy Sun 10-Jul-11 14:31:45

Is he otherwise ok? Feeding and urinating normally?

Is he breathing quickly or "sucking in" under his ribs or at his throat?

If so then I would go to a and e to get him checked, otherwise would make an appointment with your gp or go to ooh.

working2gally Sun 10-Jul-11 14:32:38

yeah I probably will tomorrow if it continues. just he seems well otherwise and of course is breathing (ok I think) and last time I went to out of hours gp on sunday I waited 6 hrs!

working2gally Sun 10-Jul-11 14:37:29

thanks will look to see if he is sucking in at his throat and ribs (seem to remember that was a danger sign before when he had croup). noisy breathing seems ot have stopped for the moment now though.

working2gally Sun 10-Jul-11 14:37:54

he is feeding and urinating ok and seems his usual cheerful self.

ratspeaker Sun 10-Jul-11 16:02:14

Given that he is feeding and peeing and seems ok I wouldnt worry atm
Could he have the beginings of a cold?
but if it was such a virus I'd expect a rise in temp and him being off food

asthma may be a possiblity but you say he seems his normal cheerful self so its obviously not bothering him whatever it is.

Get a GP appointment sometime and get him checked over to put your mind at rest

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now