Talk

Advanced search

Enough with the Boxroom!

(18 Posts)

Will people please stop saying 'Boxroom' to posters who can't help being a bit thick, passive and desperate or at least people who are being thoroughly mugged by cocklodgers? That doesn't make them Boxroom. Boxroom has specific, for want of a better word, fetishes or aspects of its story that appear every time (either because they are founded in the truth or because they have this fetishistic significance to the poster): the 'difficult' DSD, wieght issues, hoarding, incontinence.
As you were.
Oh and I'm off out now so will read repllies when I get back.

GypsyMoth Sun 10-Jul-11 11:05:44

Not seen boxy round for ages now

HerHissyness Sun 10-Jul-11 11:09:38

raises brew to SGB in agreement.

PumpkinBones Sun 10-Jul-11 11:16:52

Huh?!

I opened this thinking it was going to be a rant about people who have a boxroom in their home. I'm even more intrigued now.

HeadfirstForHalos Sun 10-Jul-11 11:20:59

I thought this thread was going to be a spin off from the bootroom one. grin

Sausagesarenottheonlyfruit Sun 10-Jul-11 11:22:35

I am aware you're referring to my previous post this morning.

I feel it was justified, even under your rather arbitrarily imposed criteria.

The poster in question has been posting for months under several guises, always based around issues following the same motif. They don't seem to be particularly "thick" although passive and desperate perhaps.

Consistently reframing the same issue, disappearing fromn their threads then reappearing a week or so later under a namechange with a similar problem? I would categorise that as "Boxroom".

ihatecbeebies Sun 10-Jul-11 11:54:44

I am so confused, I thought this was going to be a thread complaining about room sizes.....I hope that doesn't now make me one of the posters that 'can't help being thick' blush

mummymeister Sun 10-Jul-11 12:03:19

Sausages what was your previous post? i am being thick not being able to find it. I too thought you were perhaps in the throes of a row with your dh/p and had been consigned to sleep in a damp junk room with manky curtains. i have so much still to learn about mumsnet....

GothAnneGeddes Sun 10-Jul-11 12:06:47

Links to threads or it didn't happen.

In response to OP- so thaaaat's who boxroom is. Now it all makes sense.

GothAnneGeddes Sun 10-Jul-11 12:06:56

Links to threads or it didn't happen.

In response to OP- so thaaaat's who boxroom is. Now it all makes sense.

NotJustKangaskhan Sun 10-Jul-11 12:25:51

I also thought this was about room sizes, and prepared a good moan at these new builds and new conversions with extra 'bedrooms' that are really too small to be of use to anyone. Oh well grin.

EricNorthmansMistressOfPotions Sun 10-Jul-11 17:07:18

Boxroom came back as a proper poster didn't she? Fessed up to the multiple identities? Is she back to her old tricks?

GypsyMoth Sun 10-Jul-11 18:20:37

She did. Haven't actually seen her threads being talked about today tho. I hide so many these days!

Here's one

AnyFucker Mon 11-Jul-11 15:25:12

I cry boxroom on this thread, ackshully

AnyFucker Mon 11-Jul-11 15:28:17

this is a passive aggressive thread, ya know

you should take it up on the thread that you are taking an objection to

but you know that, scgb

yoshiLunk Mon 11-Jul-11 15:37:44

I agree op, I saw some weeks ago a number of posters cry boxroom at a DSD thread and they were quiet wrong,it was a SM I 'knew of' and was at the end of her tether, got scared off by the accusations and haven't 'seen' her since sad

That's just the one I could find, I have seen a couple of others but can't remember what the ywere called.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now