Talk

Advanced search

To have joined this site...

(29 Posts)
thepopsiclekat Sun 10-Jul-11 03:01:39

I have recently turned 21. I am not married.

I have no children, nor do I want any for a good few years. I checked out MN a few months ago out of curiosity after hearing about it a few times (mostly in a derogatory tone, sad to say), and I think I have become slightly addicted. I am delighted at how blunt and funny you ladies (and men) are, and continually amazed at the level of kindness and support offered to those in need.

So, AIBU for gatecrashing your site when I am not a parent? (Or just slightly sad...wink)

BitOfFun Sun 10-Jul-11 03:34:23

The non-parent bit is fine. This is generally just a good chinwag.

But God, save yourself while you can! It's a timesucker like nothing else I know...

AgentZigzag Sun 10-Jul-11 03:34:57

You're not gatecrashing or sad smile

I agree there are a lot of funny, kind posters hanging about on MN, mostly chewing gum and swearing it has to be said, but nice all the same.

It's good to read posts from a different perspective.

Bogeyface Sun 10-Jul-11 05:38:49

YANBU!

Think of this as training for when you do get in a long term relationship and have children. I will keep an eye on you and if I read of you bottle feeding, using disposable nappies, tampons and non organic ANYTHING, giving your children fruit shoots,fast food or Greggs pasties then I will be having words OK?

And the fact that I have done ALL of the above in the last month (apart from the Greggs thing, I am saving that for their birthdays) is completely irrelevant!

Welcome! gringringrin

Mare11bp Sun 10-Jul-11 06:18:24

YANBU and welcome!

People post about all sorts on the AIBU thread both kiddie and non-kiddie related.

Just watch out for the live wires if you catch my drift, that's putting politely....

SeaShellsAndTheInlawInvasion Sun 10-Jul-11 06:33:53

Yanbu, welcome! I wish I'd found it before I'd had kids.fore armed is fore warned and all that!

Andrewofgg Sun 10-Jul-11 08:53:11

Male, fifties, son grown up, no grandchildren, but I enjoy this site and why shouldn't you?

GryffindorNotSlytherinPlease Sun 10-Jul-11 09:18:57

I joined when I was 21, no kids etc...am now 23, no kids etc.....worst decision ever was joining.....do you know how much time is have to do stuff otherwise wink

Welcome, have gun and say goodbye to your spare time grin

thepopsiclekat Sun 10-Jul-11 13:12:38

Thank you very much smile I have discovered the perilous time-sucking effect of MN...mainly when procrastinating from writing my dissertation, or now that's over, getting off my arse and exercising grin. Oh well...

thepopsiclekat Sun 10-Jul-11 13:15:45

Bogeyface Funny, I never knew the evils of fruit shoots and Greggs until I joined here...now I find myself giving them a faint look of disdain if I see them [Grin]
Not sure what's wrong with tampons...mooncups all the way on here, is it? ;)

TrillianAuror Sun 10-Jul-11 13:39:03

I'm not a mother either, there's a few of us about. I like it here.

Don't take anything anyone says too seriously (especially when talking about sausage rolls!)

AuntiePickleBottom Sun 10-Jul-11 13:42:55

Welcome there is alot of topics thatdoesn't envolve children and partners

exoticfruits Sun 10-Jul-11 13:48:42

It is much better to have a wide range of ages and backgrounds-welcome.

ChaosMomsnet Sun 10-Jul-11 13:49:05

Welcome.

smile

There's room for all sorts on MN.

<<shuffles along bench, pats gap>>

A teeny headsup though, you may want to think about capitalising your nickname though, some posters get sniffy about lower case names.

wink

TrillianAuror Sun 10-Jul-11 14:09:19

^^ That is not an official MN person

They have names ending in Mumsnet and get special highlighting

Just saying

grin

brighthair Sun 10-Jul-11 14:11:00

I am here and I'm 27 with no children or partner smile

LRDTheFeministNutcase Sun 10-Jul-11 14:16:46

Hello! I'm another without children (though I have just seen pictures of my beautiful three-month-old niece and am pestering DH again). It's a nice site, this one.

differentnameforthis Sun 10-Jul-11 15:18:14

some posters get sniffy about lower case names

Do they....been here 8yrs, various names, all lowercase, never heard of that...

confuseddotcodotuk Sun 10-Jul-11 15:19:58

YADNBU! I joined when I was 19 and nannying, now I'm 22, still not got any kids nor an actual 'DP' and they wouldn't be able to kick me off if they tried grin MN is awesome wink

worraliberty Sun 10-Jul-11 15:21:18

Some posters get sniffy about anything...just ignore them or tell them to fuck off.

Oh and welcome grin

differentnameforthis Sun 10-Jul-11 15:25:21

True, worra...

toomuchmonthatendofthemoney Sun 10-Jul-11 15:34:04

have fun, always room for another ... tis not all nappies and poop ... friday nights can be VERY interesting ... wink

fit2drop Sun 10-Jul-11 15:43:34

waves to thepopsiclekat and welcome.
This site will make you laugh , cry, scream , sigh, spit feathers, snigger, eyes agog , mouth drop open , smirk, smile , say ahhhhhh, say ohhhhhh, say yes yes yes!! say no no no!!! say I bloody knew it! say well I never, say Really! say reaaaallllly...say never , say always, say as if , say absobloodylutlely, say too bloody right, say ditto say shit!

But whatever it makes you say , its valid and you don't need kids or a dp to make your opinion as valis as every one elses. grin . welcome again ..wine

fit2drop Sun 10-Jul-11 15:44:26

valis=validblush

vintageteacups Sun 10-Jul-11 16:13:57

YANBU at all- although you don't have children yet, but for all we know, you could be a nanny/midwife nurse etc who has valuable experience and knowledge that many parents would find useful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now