Talk

Advanced search

Yes it's a FB thread. AIBU to get annoyed when people say things like this?

(69 Posts)
SchrodingersMew Sun 10-Jul-11 00:46:12

"i may not be skinny with big boobs n blond hair but that dont mean that im not nice caren loven n pritty or better like this is if ur not skinny have big boobs n blond hair n knows there wroth 100 time more than a dum blond who just follows da crowd"

I think after a while the comments about blondes with big boobs get to you.

I think I know IABU, but I feel it's almost as bad as racism in some aspects.

worraliberty Sun 10-Jul-11 00:48:30

I can't even read it...is it some sort of group for illiterates to join?

GypsyMoth Sun 10-Jul-11 00:48:30

It's the spelling that gets me!

SchrodingersMew Sun 10-Jul-11 00:51:31

I know, it gave me a headache!

Ended up in an argument a bit with her because I told her not all blondes are dumb and that it's the people who make assumptions that are worth 100 times less.

She called me all sorts. I found it funny she even misspelled dumb.

MotherMucca Sun 10-Jul-11 00:52:02

How is it like racism? confused. hair colour and boob size can be changed.

Just defriend/hide.

madhattershouse Sun 10-Jul-11 00:52:18

If that's the way the non-dumb blondes talk these days...I'd rather be a dumb blonde. Barely litterate!!

SchrodingersMew Sun 10-Jul-11 00:53:06

She's blocked now.

And how is it not? It's still stereotyping and discriminating based on looks.

Obviously not as bad as racism but still can be pretty offensive.

MotherMucca Sun 10-Jul-11 00:53:51

But her grammar is offensive.

SchrodingersMew Sun 10-Jul-11 00:54:00

MadHattersHouse I think I agree.

MilyP Sun 10-Jul-11 00:58:32

I don't see how you could be annoyed at anything this illegible!

squidgysmum Sun 10-Jul-11 00:58:48

Blimey, she may not be blonde with big boobs but she's not particularly intelligent either!

p.s. I'm not blonde but I do have big boobs :D

SchrodingersMew Sun 10-Jul-11 01:01:01

Also, she posted a song on Fb as well. It was a sectarian song and she replaced one of the names with her newborn son's name. shock

She also lied when she was pg and said he had spina bifida, posted pictures of him in his cot with football flags attached to it, pictures of him at a few weeks old literally drowned in soft toys and then started posting about her DP's ex stalking her because she was in the same chippy as her!

I don't know if I am offended more by what she said or the fact she said it.

I really should delete FB, it's evil.

squidgysmum Sun 10-Jul-11 01:01:48

MotherMucca her grammar really hurts my eyes!

There's no excuse for bad spelling and grammar like that these days- maybe someone needs to explain to her how to use spellcheck?

SchrodingersMew Sun 10-Jul-11 01:02:45

Milly I think I was more insulted because of how illegible it is, yet calling people dumb simply because they are blonde!

Squidgy No, she's an idiot. Unfortunately I fit into the category of having light blonde hair and 32H boobs. So I get the blonde jokes a lot. sad

SchrodingersMew Sun 10-Jul-11 01:03:56

Squidgy It took a hell of a long time to even try and make her see my point as her responses were worse than the OP and simply migraine material.

squidgysmum Sun 10-Jul-11 01:04:23

Ok forget the spellcheck and give her the number for the local MIND group instead cos that is just weird.

I love FB personally, but I do cringe sometimes at the statuses I see from friends.

ll31 Sun 10-Jul-11 01:05:43

think facebook really only makes sense when ur u30!!! over 30 and u just gotta laugh!

SchrodingersMew Sun 10-Jul-11 01:05:49

The status's from my friends aren't normally that bad, she is by far the worst I have ever come across.

SchrodingersMew Sun 10-Jul-11 01:06:23

ll31 I'm only 20 and it still doesn't make sense to me.

MadYoungCatLady Sun 10-Jul-11 01:07:12

So is she saying she wants to be blonde or have big boobs or both?

I know a lovely blonde girl with big boobs who I went to school with. Such a kind girl!

squidgysmum Sun 10-Jul-11 01:07:36

SchrodingersMew I hear you- I have 40G boobs and I did have (fake) blonde hair until an accident with a bottle of blonde hair dye forced me to go back to brunette so I used to get it a lot too- now I just get men talking to my chest instead of my face!

ll31 Sun 10-Jul-11 01:08:23

shrodingersmew - I feel ur pain! my son is prob going to start facebooking really soon... and it depresses me!

SchrodingersMew Sun 10-Jul-11 01:08:25

She's saying she's better because she isn't blonde and doesn't have big boobs...

So I had a little peek through her photos and found one of her with bleach blonde hair and a corset that made her boobs sit up at her neck! hmm

MilyP Sun 10-Jul-11 01:08:27

I can see that people assuming you are dumb because you are blonde would be very annoying and insulting. However in this particular case I don't think you can take any offence - they can't even write properly then how can they possibly insult you for being dumb!?

Pot kettle - ignore the idiot!

BitOfFun Sun 10-Jul-11 01:08:51

You are a 20 year old who is blonde with big tits? Is this a stealth boast? grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now