Talk

Advanced search

To gloat over this when most people wouldn't consider it a big deal?

(18 Posts)
Kayano Sat 09-Jul-11 19:46:47

I had my first needle in 16 years today after going to psychology to get professional help for severe needle phobia before we concieved!

I had my first Midwife appointment today and although it involved like 1 hour of crying I did it!! I got my blood taken!

So.... go me. I am soooo happy with myself and feel totally daft for doing so. AIBU?

AgentZigzag Sat 09-Jul-11 19:51:24

Woo hoo grin

Fucking good on you!

Was there anything specific that kicked your phobia off?

NorksAreMessy Sat 09-Jul-11 19:51:36

Well done!
Overcoming any phobia is a REALLY BIG DEAL and you should be proud of yourself. It must help that the reason for doing it is so much more important than anything else in your life, in other words, you are doing it for your child.

The next time (sorry, but there will be more) will be so much easier because you have this successful outcome to remember.

Congratulations on your pregnancy and your phobia conquering

LyingWitchInTheWardrobe Sat 09-Jul-11 19:52:11

Well done, Kayano, it will be easier each time you have this done now. A needle-phobia is miserable when you're pregnant and you've overcome it now. Congrats! grin

Kayano Sat 09-Jul-11 19:55:56

I had to get my BCG at 7 due to TB in the family which kicked it all off...

I hope it gets easier :D Hopefully not as many tears next time
I couldn't have done it without DH there.

As a reward for being a 'brave girl' he took me to get a new phone afterwards lol :D

new phone + a (hopefully) healthy baby.... it's worth it :D

ll31 Sat 09-Jul-11 19:56:40

congrats!!!!!!

FabbyChic Sat 09-Jul-11 19:58:37

Hey you should be really proud of yourself, well done.

Good luck with your pregnancy.

superjobeespecs Sat 09-Jul-11 19:58:41

ah well done and congrats on both the phobia overcoming and the wee baby smile

Kayano Sat 09-Jul-11 20:00:33

:D I'm so chuffed, this is definatley a good thread to make me feel good. Thank you so much everyone :D

LadyThumb Sat 09-Jul-11 20:03:58

Well don, indeed. Takes courage, does that.

My brother had a severe phobia of dentists and hadn't been for 25 years so I got him to a hypnotherapist. One treatment and he has been going to dentists quite happily ever since.

Now............about a spider phobia................!

NewShooz Sat 09-Jul-11 20:13:40

Gloat away! It's a big deal overcoming a phobia. Well Done You!

DogsBestFriend Sat 09-Jul-11 20:15:16

Well done you. smile

The first needle I ever had was at age 30 after I'd delivered DD1. I'd avoided it until then as I'm a needlephobic, including refusing to have standard pregnancy blood tests (the bitch of a midwife who told me I "had" to have one was not impressed when I told her to get lost!). Even now, an elective caesar and cancer surgery later I'm still absolutely petrified of the bloody things and cry and shake like a leaf so I know how you feel.

You have every reason to feel VERY proud of yourself. smile

Dozer Sat 09-Jul-11 20:16:19

Well done!

GrimmaTheNome Sat 09-Jul-11 20:20:08

That's brilliant! Any phobia is worth beating but this is an incredibly useful breakthrough especially when you're PG.

Well done.

Happylander Sat 09-Jul-11 20:33:43

well done you it is hard to beat a phobia especially when it is something you don't face enough for it to get blase if you know what I mean.

Andrewofgg Sat 09-Jul-11 20:35:45

Gloat all you want, it's not hurting anybody and you've done the right thing. Best of luck all the way know!

Andrewofgg Sat 09-Jul-11 20:36:09

I meant now, damn it!

NorksAreMessy Sat 09-Jul-11 21:30:00

dogs but could you give an injection to a pooch if need be?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now