Talk

Advanced search

Rebekah Brooks - why has this PIG HEADED woman not resigned?

(42 Posts)
sundayrose10 Sat 09-Jul-11 18:03:44

Even better, SACKED!

What a bitch. Our 'call me Dave' boy really has some amazing friend...no?

(posted in relationship section by accident...of all places)

GastonTheLadybird Sat 09-Jul-11 18:11:37

Because she will go when it is all out, no point scape goating her now when there is almost certainly more to come.

This is a strategic move. Whilst she oversaw some horrendous things there is the chance that she wasn't aware of these things. I don't think calling her a bitch helps anyone either tbh.

fivegomadindorset Sat 09-Jul-11 18:12:28

She offered her resignation, it was refused. What does she have on the Murdochs?

LineRunner Sat 09-Jul-11 18:14:01

She knows where the bodies are buried.

Plus, she may be agreeing to take the rap at some point in the future, for benefits as yet undreamed of.

TidyDancer Sat 09-Jul-11 18:14:30

I don't think she has anything on the Murdoch's, I think she's the human shield in front of Murdoch Jr. While Brooks is being criticised, he isn't.

She's absolute scum, but the fish rots from the head....

suzikettles Sat 09-Jul-11 18:15:18

Hate, hate, hate the word bitch.

I suspect that to get to where she has, she must be staggeringly good at her job and will know where all the bodies are buried.

As fivegomad says, she's offered her resignation (twice apparently). Maybe they feel that it would look worse for her to go at the moment.

CaveMum Sat 09-Jul-11 18:16:33

I don't think it's fair just to songle out Cameron as a friend of RB: Gordon Brown was also at her wedding and she was very pally with Tony Blair. ALL the political parties are guilty of having courted the press.

CaveMum Sat 09-Jul-11 18:21:46

"songle" hmm

Single obviously blush

meditrina Sat 09-Jul-11 18:23:04

In terms of whether she resigns, the key relationship is not that with yet another PM, it's the one with RM. I saw somewhere that he sees her as a daughter.

SarahStratton Sat 09-Jul-11 18:23:41

I heard it was something to do with a baby. Sadly that is all I heard.

LemonDifficult Sat 09-Jul-11 18:27:54

With her out of the way, the Murdochs would be squarely in the frame. She has to stay so that we have these discussions about her not them

(Also not wild about the word 'bitch')

SarahStratton Sat 09-Jul-11 18:33:24

Agreed. It's an insult to dogs.

amothersplaceisinthewrong Sat 09-Jul-11 18:36:24

My betting is they are working out a nice lucratvie deal for her and then she will go.

menagerie Sat 09-Jul-11 18:52:40

Perhaps she knows what happened to Maxwell on that boat...wink

carabos Sat 09-Jul-11 19:18:52

It depends how the BSkyB deal pans out...that is much more important than NoW. They're keeping her to offer up as a human sacrifice to get that deal across the line.

troisgarcons Sat 09-Jul-11 19:21:30

She's not in the same role for a start.

More importantly - I want to know who the coppers were who took bungs to slip info .....

ikoto Sat 09-Jul-11 19:23:59

Because she's got Murdochs backing. They were saying in the press that Murdoch sees her almost as a daughter <boak>

LemonDifficult Sat 09-Jul-11 19:26:13

Trois, the police have slipped nicely out of the picture, haven't they...?

meditrina Sat 09-Jul-11 20:32:34

Boris has been calling for any (Met) policemen implicated to be suspended and investigated. He's right on this one - we need trustworthy police.

Nancy66 Sat 09-Jul-11 20:35:58

I don't think she's got dirt on the Murdochs - i think he just thinks she's wonderful.

wahwahwah Sat 09-Jul-11 20:36:01

If they sack her, then they are admitting guilt. Best to try to scapegoat the private eyes paid to do the dirty work and try to distance themselves as much as possible from the dirt.

meditrina Sat 09-Jul-11 20:42:37

They'll still be left with he little snag that she was the leader of an organisation whose corporate government standards were so lax that there was widespread criminality. That would be a resigning issue for those who take an honourable view of their leadership responsibility. And a disciplinary (ideally sacking) offence for any who took a different view on the role and responsibility of leadership.

lenak Sat 09-Jul-11 20:51:34

She told the NOW staff that within a few months they would understand why the paper had to close.

This implies that there are more, even more damaging revelations to come. When those come out, then she will go.

If she goes before, they will have to find additional sacrificial semi criminal executives lambs to protect Murdoch Jr.

RoundOrangeHead Sat 09-Jul-11 20:53:31

she's a protection buffer for James Murdoch

hermionestranger Sat 09-Jul-11 20:54:42

She know's where the bodies are buried. Did you all see that ladbrokes had suspended betting on "call me Dave" being the next cabinet member to go.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now