Talk

Advanced search

I think DH is being unreasonable but I quite prepared to consider that I may be. Warning: you may die of boredom reading this.

(18 Posts)
Numberfour Sat 09-Jul-11 13:50:16

DH and DS are out at the moment. I have taken DS to his regular Saturday morning group, dropped him back home and then went and did the groceries - when I got home the house was empty and quiet. Lovely!

I want to have a nap because I stayed up too late last night, and because I have a huge uni assignment to do and I am shattered. So I called DH and told him I was going to sleep and asked him not to wake me when he got in. He asked me if that is why I called him and I said yes, so he said : "just listen to yourself" and put the phone down on me.

Was I being a twat in calling him to say don't wake me? ? I just want a fucking sleep without him and DS bashing and banging about?

Or was he being rude to me by putting the phone down on me.

You still reading this? Wow! grin

StealthPolarBear Sat 09-Jul-11 13:52:20

he wbu

TheProvincialLady Sat 09-Jul-11 13:53:20

It does seem a huge over reaction on his part. Unless you were unnecessarily rude or unfriendly about it, there was no need for him to put the phone down.

Octaviapink Sat 09-Jul-11 13:53:49

He was rude - but he may feel that you're dumping on him by requiring him to look after DS by himself when he gets in. He might have had other plans.

NearlyHeadlessNigel Sat 09-Jul-11 13:54:02

Zzzzzz Not really, I've read far more boring AIBUs in my time grin

I think your DH was being a twat. At worst you were being a bit precious but I doubt many of us would turn down the chance for a bit of protected sleep time in an empty house.

Numberfour Sat 09-Jul-11 13:54:16

Nope, I was as sweet as pie! We have been getting along really well after a silly argument a few weeks ago. All fine!

Thanks, I am off for my nap.

oohjarWhatsit Sat 09-Jul-11 13:54:33

what was he doing when you phoned

oohjarWhatsit Sat 09-Jul-11 13:54:43

how long is he going to be out

diddl Sat 09-Jul-11 13:55:31

Well it seems to me that he is being rude.

My husband got up really early this morning-about 5.30

Then fell asleep on the sofa about 9hmm

But I was as quiet as possible & told the kids (teenagers) to be.

We had nothing planned & it gave me an excuse to --mn quietly

Numberfour Sat 09-Jul-11 13:56:26

Octaviapink, I think you hit the nail on the head: he wants to sort out our camping stuff for our trip away in 2 weeks time. I asked him two or three times yesterday what time he wanted to do it becuase I will be helping him. He said in half jest half earnest: In my time and not according to your time table.

he's home................

Thruaglassdarkly Sat 09-Jul-11 13:56:28

He was obviously planning on stopping off for swift half or five and was relying on you for the childcare when your DS got back. YANBU.

nickschick Sat 09-Jul-11 13:56:32

Perhaps he was busy,perhaps he thought thats what you would do,is he the sort to only use his phone for a reason,could you have texted him instead or left a note?.

diddl Sat 09-Jul-11 13:57:54

But if he had something planned he could just say!

bunkers Sat 09-Jul-11 13:59:49

Going by your account of the phone call YANBU.

I'm trying to think of reasons why your DH responded the way he did. Was he expecting you to ask about his and DS's whereabouts?

Do you know why they are out and they're both ok?

bunkers Sat 09-Jul-11 14:02:38

Sorry. I got distracted whilst typing and by the time I posted the thread had moved on.

kreecherlivesupstairs Sat 09-Jul-11 14:03:44

In my time and not according to your timetable would have really put my back up.
YANBU by the way.

LesserOfTwoWeevils Sat 09-Jul-11 14:14:51

YANBU. Perhaps he had plans, but are you expected to be a mindreader?

Numberfour Sat 09-Jul-11 14:18:55

He is home! All is fine! I am off for a nap. He says he did not put the phone down on me..... hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now