Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To think that motherhood is sometimes damn hard

(8 Posts)
doradaisy Sat 09-Jul-11 00:29:50

Just had one of those days.

Am a working mother (part time) but off today with three DC, age 3 and 1 year old twins. Had a lovely day of playing, but had the madness at bedtime, the physicality of doing the bath, the lifting, the rocking the crying babies, the reasoning and pleading with a 3 year old to pick up her paints that she lovingly chucked on the floor and the guilt at shouting. The guilt at not reading enough books to the twins, the guilt at not making wonderful play dough models with me DD.

Nothing out of the ordinary actually but just wondering why am so tired and wondering why it's so damn hard some days?

I know my DC are happy, in a loving home and doing great but some days I feel a bit like, if mothering were an exam, i'm failing. I often wonder if am doing a good job and keeping all the balls in the air.

Woke up tired, bit PMSey so just a bad day?

madhattershouse Sat 09-Jul-11 00:33:56

Guilt is the norm for a mum! So is being tired and stressed. My mum tells me it does get better eventually but you always worry..but then she is 65 grin

ifitsnotanarse Sat 09-Jul-11 00:36:02

YANBU. I have that type of day most days and also feel like a failure sad. I've found that my constant state of being is shouting at DS1 'if I have to ask you again you're going to time out'. Maybe that'll be my epithat grin. Please don't tell me that you bath your children everynight though as mine don't get washed from one end of the week to the other and at the moment I'm a SAHM blush. I keep telling myself that it's only clean dirt.

SayItLoud Sat 09-Jul-11 00:36:42

Motherhood is always damn hard. And I don't have twins. Apparently it gets easier one day...hanging on in hope!

georgie22 Sat 09-Jul-11 01:11:26

We've just had our first holiday post baby and boy was it different to our pre baby lazy sight-seeing and generally relaxing holidays! An adventurous 8 month old has kept us busy so I can only imagine your experience with a 3 yr old and 1 yr old twins! Parenthood is difficult - I feel that most days even though I adore our dd and love her completely and utterly and am so grateful we have her in our lives. It's a constant worry and continual feeling of guilt that you're not quite doing enough. I'm sure you're doing a fantastic job.

charliecheesestring Sat 09-Jul-11 01:18:54

Don't be so hard on yourself doradaisy they dont need baths everyday it dries their skin out tbh. Why do you feel guilty for not reading to one year olds enough, they dont know what your on about. Dont waste your time shouting at your three year old, just ask her to help you clear up.

aurynne Sat 09-Jul-11 01:49:56

Where is your DH/DP in this picture? You seem to be doing everything on your own... Don't these children have a father?

Rindercella Sat 09-Jul-11 01:54:41

Try not to be so hard on yourself. A 3 year old with 1 year old twins is going to test a saint. It can feel relentless at times, and we always feel that we could have - should have - done more. I know I do. I feel guilty too when I am relieved my girls (nearly 4 and 15 months) are in bed.

Aurynne, the OP's partner could be anywhere, or she may not have one. Not all fathers are available 24 hours a day. My husband is dead, therefore I parent by myself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now