Talk

Advanced search

Horrible Histories Prom

(13 Posts)
jhfkshfks Fri 08-Jul-11 18:15:37

Does anyone know anyone who managed to get tickets for this today - I spent nearly two hours unable to get anything other than an engaged tone only to be told that they were sold out! (The website also crashed) - I knew it would be popular but did anyone have any better luck???

Iwantacampervan Fri 08-Jul-11 19:09:35

I spent an hour (from 9am) getting on to the website (I started at 2500 ish in the queue) to then find no tickets. I also tried the phone but it was engaged.
I was also wondering who got the tickets and when ?

JemimaMuddledUp Fri 08-Jul-11 19:19:42

You can turn up on the day in the hope of getting promming tickets, but I would imagine they would be very popular too.

We are off to see the Family Prom in Cardiff tomorrow night.

parkingpermit Fri 08-Jul-11 19:21:55

i started a thread earlier with same question, i was 2154 in a queue on the website but had to go to work hmm

i noticed they were giving out 10 per person which is way too high imoho

ds is disappointed and i wanted to take him sad

very badly organised and unfair

jhfkshfks Fri 08-Jul-11 20:36:34

Sorry parkingpermit new to MN and didn't spot your thread - I agree that 10 is too many - I wonder how many might now appear on e-bay! I think it's very unfair but I understand it's being recorded and will be on the red-button soonish (according to the Radio Times) - we'll just have to try harder next time!!

parkingpermit Fri 08-Jul-11 20:41:20

it was kept rather quiet, i only found out from a school assembly, think it was unfair to make people apply this way too on a weekday sad

oh well ds would have enjoyed it

JemimaMuddledUp Fri 08-Jul-11 22:14:28

I read about it in Junior magazine, but haven't seen anything about it anywhere else.

piratecat Fri 08-Jul-11 22:17:16

10 per person?!!

i live really far from London, and dd is a huge fan, so didn't bother trying. What a shame it was so difficult.

breadandbutterfly Sat 09-Jul-11 17:21:21

Yes, I got to no 5 from several hundred in the queue only for the counter to suddenly shoot back up to 2000 and something again! By the time it had counted down again, they were, of course, sold out.

Agree 10 is way too high. How many people have 8 kids??

Katisha Sat 09-Jul-11 17:35:05

You can probably get in if you are prepared to turn up early on the day and get in the queue. People were managing to get into the Dr Who Prom last year, which also sold out instantly. You could even get a better view than the seats if you go in the arena and manouevre your way towards the front.

TheLadyEvenstar Sat 09-Jul-11 17:45:15

I was quite far down the queue online as well. I wanted to take my nephew. He is 11 and the only one of the 4 boys who enjoy the theatre. <SIGH> I agree who needs 10 tickets - thats greedy!!!

Katisha Sat 09-Jul-11 17:48:10

There are 1400 promming tickets available for those who queue on the day.
They are free for Horrible Histories Prom.
See here (scroll down a bit)

jhfkshfks Sat 09-Jul-11 18:50:04

Thanks to all who have replied - still no posts from anyone who has been successful! I like the idea of turning up on the day - thanks Katisha - I'll be the one camping out over night!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now