Talk

Advanced search

to wonder why the trend in leaving used SP on the floor?

(16 Posts)
HPonEverything Fri 08-Jul-11 15:54:13

I've read on this board of at least 3 DDs who do this, either in the bathroom or their bedroom.

Is this a new thing we're doing now?

When I was a teenager I was so mortified at being menstrual that I hid the fact from my mother for 2 years. I handwashed my own underwear rather than put it in the wash, until she allowed me to use the washing machine (my mother is very thrifty). Obviously this is the other extreme and I had an unhealthy shame of my puberty - blame both parents for that - but I just can't imagine a world where daughters go around proudly leaving their old tammies and STs all over the floor! Clearly it happens a lot though...

BulletWithAName Fri 08-Jul-11 15:57:57

It's fucking manky. Why the hell would you not put them in the bloody bin? confused

Imnotaslimjim Fri 08-Jul-11 15:59:53

Its disgusting isn't it? And just pure laziness. I know its nothing to do with the mothers though, a friend of mine used to do it. I was horrified to find her drawer full of used STs! Her mother used to bawl her out for it but it never made a difference. I'm hoping that my DD will understand the importance of hygiene and dispose of them the proper way!

SinicalSal Fri 08-Jul-11 16:00:50

ew is it a trend?

HPonEverything Fri 08-Jul-11 16:03:13

I don't know, I hadn't heard of it til today but I've now read of 3 teenage girls doing it on this very board. Some of them have brothers, god the shame if my brother had known when I was on blush

I remember having a special assembly at school as someone had hung a used ST from a toilet cistern, but that's a school prank and whilst it's rank, doing it in your own home is even worse.

zelda1982 Fri 08-Jul-11 16:03:22

I'd never heard of this. Ewww. I have a small bin in the bathroom for such use (though oldest dd is only 7 so a while to go before i have to deal with that) as i used to hate having to go outside to the wheelie bin to dispose of it, everyone knew what i was doing sad

slowshow Fri 08-Jul-11 16:06:45

Ewww.

I work in a university, and made the mistake of going into a toilet cubicle with an overflowing san pro bin <boak>

People had been stuffing their UNWRAPPED towels in there, rather than a) wrapping the towel in a bit of bog roll before attempting to force into bin, or b) taking it away with them to dispose of later.

Fucking manky indeed.

MummyDoIt Fri 08-Jul-11 16:08:31

One of the girls in our student flat used to do this (more than 20 years ago!). Left her used sanitary towel on the side of the bath on more than one occasion which was delightful if you were the next person in the bathroom. We knew which person it was because the other three of us all used tampons. Somebody had to have a word with her!

ratspeaker Fri 08-Jul-11 16:27:15

I wouldn't tolerate someone spitting on my floor, to me that's the equivalent

Sounds like total lack of self respect

PamBeesly Fri 08-Jul-11 16:29:59

Dirty! no other reason, whoever does this is a lazy cow, if its a teenager then they have no respect for the person who cleans up. When I was at university I shared a flat with a girl who used to leave used tampons on the side of the bath, eww ewww eww

mosschops30 Fri 08-Jul-11 16:33:55

Yes my dd has done this, not actually on the floor but she had put them all in a bag over 4 days and not emptied it once. I was fucking horrified.
I dont think she'll do it again

chosenone Fri 08-Jul-11 16:36:00

when i was at uni i had a friend who used to leave them in our bim for weeks! just in full view for everyone to see (wastepaper bin) until we reminded her to bin- she also chased her boyfriend round the room with a used ST hmm weirdly there was a case in our local paper that a girl 'attacked' her neighbour in a scuffle with a 'heavily used' ST seriously wtf!?!

IDrinkFromTheirSkulls Fri 08-Jul-11 16:38:48

My sister used to do this - hide them all in a drawer in our bedroom. Until I found it and told our mum, who had a word. I would have been mortified had anyone found mine and used to put them in the bathroom bin, all wrapped up - that is until my brother (9 at the time) decided to dissect one in the name of curiosity blush. After that they were always put in the kitchen bin under lots of other crap so noone would ever see them!

SmartyHan Fri 08-Jul-11 16:44:57

I used to put my used ST's in one of my boxs (wrapped and hid in another box). So when my psrents were out I could dispose of them, I usually put them in my ST 'bag' and put them in the bin at school, flushed them down the toilets or put them in an empty crisp packet and staple the top up so no one could see what was in it!!

I was completely horified once when my mother saw my "stash" and disposed of them for me! hmm blush

Sometimes my mother is a bit weird!

Sorry about the spelling!!

yoshiLunk Fri 08-Jul-11 16:48:37

<holds out Today's "thread I wish I hadn't opened" Award>

I only looked because I just couldn't for the life of me work out what SP was confused ...now I know..thanks.

I used to <boak> the some of the girls at school would throw them in the bin without using the little paper bags provided, - but leaving them lying around on the floor and side of bath shock <boak> <boak> - and slightly <insane>

loveulotslikejellytots Fri 08-Jul-11 16:50:24

My Sister leaves them in her bin on display. The worst bit is though, when DH and I stay over we use my old room, that my Sister now uses. She just leaves them in the bin. Not wrapped or anything. I wouldn't want DH to see mine (and I make sure they are well wrapped and hidden in the bin) so I certainly dont think he needs to see my Sisters. I've even spoken to her about it, she doesn't really care.

But then again, she wont even leave clean bed clothes out for me to put on the bed when we stay over. We stayed there at New year, I changed the bed (and remember which set it was, one of my old ones). I stayed there last week, thankfully on the sofa, and the same bed clothes were on the bed, complete with make up, fake tan and god knows what stains all over it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now