Talk

Advanced search

To have not bought a 'graduation' picture of my 4yo from nursery?

(15 Posts)
VelveteenRabbit Fri 08-Jul-11 14:38:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

dribbleface Fri 08-Jul-11 14:40:13

nope not at all i hate them and have been resisting doing them at my nursery for years! Not sure why i'm so against it just seems odd to me!

As long as DS was not upset?

slowshow Fri 08-Jul-11 14:40:16

Oh FFS. Caps and gowns?! grin YANBU.

YANBU - by the time DS is older if you indulge with every photo opportunity you'll need an extension to store all the photos. I have stopped buying DS's school photos (individual and class ones) - he doesnt look any different from the one I did buy in year 2 and I refuse to waste my money........

Mind you, it took me till year 3 to be in that mindset so I prob would have bought the graduation pic...but I am an idiot, lol

Actually, when DS was in nursery photographers came round and dressed the kids up as evacuees so DS was in a silly cap and everything..i didnt buy that one!

Columbia999 Fri 08-Jul-11 14:41:37

Did they have a prom as well?

altinkum Fri 08-Jul-11 14:41:50

dribbleface Fri 08-Jul-11 14:43:10

thinking about it, did they not allow all children to take part then buy if you wanted? would never exclude any children from the act of dressing up etc. all our photo's have worked in this way.

MorticiaAddams Fri 08-Jul-11 14:44:28

I think that's awful. People work long and hard to graduate university and the cap and gown photo is very special.

I don't agree that it's fun, it's just taking something that should be earned and is typical of the way society is going with people not wanting to work for anything. I know this may sound over the top as it's 4 year olds dressing up but I really feel it's wrong.

VelveteenRabbit Fri 08-Jul-11 14:44:36

VelveteenRabbit Fri 08-Jul-11 14:46:04

VelveteenRabbit Fri 08-Jul-11 14:47:03

altinkum Fri 08-Jul-11 14:47:25

dolldaggabuzzbuzz Fri 08-Jul-11 14:48:40

YANBU! What a rip-off!

I refused to pay for my own graduation photo and I wish I hadn't been suckered in to hiring the cap and gown for the ceremony.

I want to do another degree just so I can rebel at the graduation now!

LineRunner Fri 08-Jul-11 14:50:05

Oh god no YANBU. Over the years I have spent hundreds of pounds on photos that now languish at the back of drawers and boxes.

Also the 'theme' sounds awfully twee.

dolldaggabuzzbuzz Fri 08-Jul-11 14:50:20

Having said that...

...dress up is fun for kids, I think it would be nice for your 4 yo to join in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now