Talk

Advanced search

for feeling upset about my friend's comments, or is she right and I was really stupid?

(52 Posts)
PeggyCarter Fri 08-Jul-11 13:16:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Riddo Fri 08-Jul-11 13:18:58

I have never heard of anyone having to take a double dose. It's hardly your fault, if you weren't told.

Congratulations BTW smile

MrsCarriePooter Fri 08-Jul-11 13:19:02

Looks at own packet of mini pills

Looks, regretfully, at the scales

Faints

WHAT?!?!?

I have no idea if she is right but she is bloody rude....and she is your friend because?????

Of course you're not thick....unless you're a doctor or someone tells you how are you supposed to know?

SortingHardHat Fri 08-Jul-11 13:20:18

Why oh why do you spend time with this person?

WoTmania Fri 08-Jul-11 13:20:29

YANBU - I had no idea. I would be querying the GP not telling you too.
oh, and, some friend she sounds like hmm

EvenLessNarkyPuffin Fri 08-Jul-11 13:20:50

No. YANBU. Your friend is being a rude fuckwit. If you are prescribed drugs you take the amount you are told to take. You don't take a bit extra. You assume the medical professional will give you the right dose.

MrsHoolie Fri 08-Jul-11 13:21:00

I have never heard of a double dose if you are a bit heavier. Although I have never been on the mini pill.

Your Dr should have told you the correct dosage so yanbu. It's not to do with your intelligence!

Your friend sounds a bit harsh too.

GeneHuntsMistress Fri 08-Jul-11 13:21:08

YABU for calling this woman your friend.

Seriously, get rid of her. And congratulations on your pregnancy.

NunTheWiser Fri 08-Jul-11 13:21:13

Unless you're a pharmacist or doctor, how on earth are you meant to know. Your "friend", for example, is a twat.

OveranxiousUnderated Fri 08-Jul-11 13:22:09

YANBU. How rude of your friend to say that in the manner that she did.

Also, I have never heard of that so no I don't think you were being thick.

...and Congratulations!! grin

MoonGirl1981 Fri 08-Jul-11 13:22:23

I didn't know that and dealing with medication is part of what I do for a living.

Congratulations on the baby!

And ditch the friend. You're not stupid and nor is eleven stone fat.

ShoutyHamster Fri 08-Jul-11 13:22:52

Silly non-friend!

kreecherlivesupstairs Fri 08-Jul-11 13:24:03

Conclusive I'd say. I had no idea that you had to take more if you are heavier. I'd need four I would say.
You wouldn't take an extra paracetamol or an extra sennacot so it isn't something most people would know.
I would have a word with your doctor too.

Tillyscoutsmum Fri 08-Jul-11 13:24:06

Blimey. If you are fat & thick OP, then so am I hmm

I took the mini pill in between dc's (and after dc2 whilst waiting for DH to get the snip). I am also over 11 stone and I was never told to take any more than 1 per day.

Your "friend" sounds like a twat tbh.

Pinkjenny Fri 08-Jul-11 13:24:13

She is a complete idiot. You are not. I used to be on the mini pill and have never been told about a double dose.

Regardless of that, her comments were unforgivable in my opinion, and I would be cutting her out, effective immediately!

clemetteattlee Fri 08-Jul-11 13:24:24

Your midwife was wrong. Your friend was wrong. You do not take double doses of the PoP.

garlicnutter Fri 08-Jul-11 13:26:11

I'm curious about this, so looked it up.

Netdoctor says: "if you're significantly overweight, it's possible that the POP may not be effective enough for you, though there is some dispute about this."

Your friend is, indeed, a fuckwit. 11 stone is not significantly overweight and it's disputed anyway.

Congrats!

kisschase Fri 08-Jul-11 13:26:28

YANBU!! I was alot heavier than 11 stone when I was on the mini pill and neither my GP or the practise nurse said anything about doubling my dose!

Your "mate" is a first class bitch - you can def do without her in your life.

P.S Congratulations on the baby smile

CrapolaDeVille Fri 08-Jul-11 13:26:30

Congratulations!!

clemetteattlee Fri 08-Jul-11 13:27:05

To clarify: if you are on Cerazette you do not take double dose. If you are one of the older PoPs (eg the ones you have to take within 3 hours of your normal time) if you are over 70kg.

PeggyCarter Fri 08-Jul-11 13:28:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TrillianAuror Fri 08-Jul-11 13:28:56

I think you'll find that everyone knows that you take the dose that your doctor/pharmacist tell you to take.

NotJoiningIn Fri 08-Jul-11 13:29:07

I was told that I would not be able to take the minipill if I was over 15 stone (I was 14 stone 7 at the time). 11 stone is not significantly overweight!

MoonGirl1981 Fri 08-Jul-11 13:29:50

So it's bullshit then?

Ah well. Time to say farewell to the gobshite friend, who's knows what other crap she'll start spouting!

You should send her a link to this thread, we could all wave!

smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now