Talk

Advanced search

Move to Weymouth???

(6 Posts)
Nichua0885 Fri 08-Jul-11 13:15:21

AIBU to want to move to Weymouth when my DS is 11 (7 years time) and expect DS father (we are not together and have not been for 2 years) not to try and stop me?

I have wanted to live in Weymouth aslong as I can remember and I think it will be a good move for me and my son to be indpendent and to grow up somewhere where hehas more to do in the holidays and at weekends.

I really want to do this but , not sure if I am being slightly selfish, or unreasonable........ confused

DorisIsAPinkDragon Fri 08-Jul-11 13:21:35

Sorry I think that to even try and guess where you will all be in 7 yrs time (and get itright) would be pretty miraculous.

YABU to be worried by it, 2 yrs is a relatively short space of time in terms of relationship seperations, things are still pretty fresh for some. & years down the line he may be with a new partner in a different place, you may not even want to go.

FWIW if you are serious about moving why not do it before your ds has made friends the teen years can be very difficult for children moving and reestablishing themselves...

Hai1988 Fri 08-Jul-11 14:18:49

YANBU Weymouth is lovely, admittedly I take it for granted sometimes but I can imagine living else where

MorticiaAddams Fri 08-Jul-11 14:21:58

Of course YABU. How would you feel if ex took your son and told you they were moving away? Wouldn't you try to stop him?

fivegomadindorset Fri 08-Jul-11 14:33:36

Why 11?

fivegomadindorset Fri 08-Jul-11 14:34:26

Thought Weymouth is still on three tier?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now