(64 Posts)
strandedbear Thu 07-Jul-11 16:59:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

tallulahxhunny Thu 07-Jul-11 17:07:25

YANBU I bring my kids in they are 6 and 7

no i dont really

cybboid Thu 07-Jul-11 17:08:38

6 and 7?

Thats too old to take them into Ann Summers IMO unless its just the undies section

But arent the graphics on wall a bit...'graphic?

tallulahxhunny Thu 07-Jul-11 17:09:51

confused didnt you read my whole post

michglas Thu 07-Jul-11 17:11:42

tallulahxhunny, obviously some people stop reading at the bit that outrages them!!

A toddler in a pushchair is fine in the undies section, but I wouldn't take a child once they were up on their own feet.

MovingtoSolihull Thu 07-Jul-11 17:12:42

Having never been in I can't really say...

What I am gobsmacked about is wtf were 80 old ladies doing in there ??

<<makes mental note 'must' keep things interesting in the bedroom at that age >>

FancyALittle Thu 07-Jul-11 17:15:09

There are much better places online!

LaurieFairyCake Thu 07-Jul-11 17:15:37

No, she's too young to be affected.

But I'd be a bit cats bum mouth from about 2 onwards - basically once they can read 'chocolate cocks' I'd not take them in.

I could read at 2.5 so that would be my stopping age - sounding it out would not be good to listen to..... grin

M0naLisa Thu 07-Jul-11 17:16:07

iv taken my two into Ann Summers.......Why not? im not going to leave them outside whilst i go for a mooch

StrandedHouseElf Thu 07-Jul-11 17:16:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Ormirian Thu 07-Jul-11 17:19:18

My DD is 12 and I think it would be most educational grin

aliceliddell Thu 07-Jul-11 17:21:27

Why surprised at 80 yr olds? My Dad is 85 this year, his partner is 78 (?) Hope my front garden hasn't been concreted over by then. The rest of my crumbling cadaver is already knackered.

Ambers123 Thu 07-Jul-11 17:29:44

Dont worry people need to chill out about these things , it is your life do what you want .

WiiUnfit Thu 07-Jul-11 20:04:07

Yanbu, your DD is way too young to be affected by Ann Summers. The old woman is a nosey cow, I would have probably come out with a shocker "just buying her first pair of stockings..." grin

DoMeDon Thu 07-Jul-11 20:11:05

YABVU

mrsdonkeybucket Thu 07-Jul-11 20:13:14

Wii

Didn't you mean.... "just buying her first rabbit. The pet shop's closed." grin

FabbyChic Thu 07-Jul-11 20:14:10

Sorry but I don't agree with taking children in a sex shop.

I'm sure you could have put your child first and left it or ordered online.

InPraiseOfBacchus Thu 07-Jul-11 20:27:24

I don't think it's harmful or morally wrong, just tacky. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but it's what I'd have thought if I'd seen you.

DoMeDon Thu 07-Jul-11 20:29:27

Exposing young children to sexual images is not harmful or morally wrong- really??? hmm

LolaRennt Thu 07-Jul-11 20:31:36

I'd give a "an oh my god pure disgust at 80 year old in a sex shop" look back at her. although I am secretly impressed

16 months isnt too old, bit tacky as has been mentioned but hell. You do what you got to do.

JeremyVile Thu 07-Jul-11 20:34:30

I wouldn't have sneered at you but I would have thought you were a bit scummy.

DoMeDon Thu 07-Jul-11 20:37:42

Yeah - if ya gotta get a new vibe hun who cares wot the haters say hmm

Ormirian Thu 07-Jul-11 20:44:08

You see I am confused here.

I am not a very sexual being, I think of sex as a bit like washing up - has to be done but sometimes can produce moments of satisfaction. And masturbation, a bit like Sudoku, a solitary pleasure that I can really enjoy but am quite happy to forgo. But if my DD is supposed to develop a full and active sex-life isn't it a good thing that she learns about it's possibilities at one remove,from someone who can treat it with a certain amt of humour but without the scandalised intensity and furtiveness of a fellow-teenager.

I think it's good to say "Look DD, this is a rabbit. It makes you feel good and doesn't have acne or dodgy attitudes to women...but don't try to develop a full and nuanced relationship with it because it simply doesn't care...ohh hang on, come to think of it that is the same as most teenage boys..." grin .

I think that sex is best treated as any other ordinary thing. How fascinating would sex be to teenagers if they realised their parents did it all the time - just like taking out the bins and walking the dog? So much easier, less angst-ridden and much much less interesting. Teenage pregnancies and sexually transmitted diseases slashed at a stroke"

doublechocchip Thu 07-Jul-11 20:46:56

yanbu she is too young to know whats going on, wouldnt take them over 2ish though. This post made me chuckle as I recently went on a shopping trip no children with my sisters and the first 2 shops we went to were ann summers and the disney shop- the 2 trickiest shops you can go to with kids imo.

DoMeDon Thu 07-Jul-11 20:54:22

Children need a gradual introduction to normal sexual relations. Showing a teenager a vibrator like a giggly loon is not appropriate. The over-sexualistaion of society is inappropraite for children. Adults making innuendo in front of DC, etc - it is all wrong and seriously damages their confidence.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now