Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to be worried about ds teacher is year 1.

(10 Posts)
altinkum Thu 07-Jul-11 16:10:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

oohjarWhatsit Thu 07-Jul-11 16:12:04

maybe they didnt like being told No for the first times in their pampered lives smile

It's always a worry when they get a new teacher esp if it is one you havent heard favourable things about.

I am a firm believer in waiting to see if fears are justified.......not much you can do at this stage anyway so just see how DS gets on with her - he may love her and all your fears may be unfounded. It's not worth getting your knickers in a twist about it just yet! Presumably if she was hauled away from year 1 and is now back she is up to speed with the teaching aspect ........ she may surprise you!

YANBU to be worried but you need to just suck it and see, so to speak.

altinkum Thu 07-Jul-11 16:18:29

Altinkum - we have a year 4 teacher who has a reputation for being...well shit!! Anyway, there was a big uproar from the parents who went into his class last year - people were complaining, saying they didnt want him etc etc...you know what??? They love him and he has been ace.........

Am sure (fingers crosssed) it will be the same for you! Who knows, maybe had had a difficult class this year.....I dunno......must make a difference

valiumredhead Thu 07-Jul-11 16:23:18

Just wait and see, your ds might be fine. Deal with problems if and when they happen. Try not to worry about other people's situations and just concentrate on your own.

I was in a similar situation last year and we have had no problems at all smile

altinkum Thu 07-Jul-11 16:24:05

valiumredhead Thu 07-Jul-11 16:53:59

It could well be OP, or as another poster said that their little darlings children have never been told off before wink

Good luck, hope it turns out ok smile

youarekidding Thu 07-Jul-11 17:06:34

Slightly different but DS apparently got a great teacher in year R - she was a bloddy nightmare and it turns out many parents felt the same way. (she retired the end of the year she taught DS).

I guess reputation isn't everything?

Hope it all works out.

hugeleyoutnumbered Thu 07-Jul-11 20:13:45

am sure all will be ok, are you szure that there were complaints no playground gossip? my ds1 has just finished yr 1 and ds2 about to start they will cope (although ds1 would have happily stayed in reception til he left, as the toys are cool smile)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now