Talk

Advanced search

should I give MIL food for DS when she takes him out for the afternoon

(6 Posts)
MassagesDeclinedByNetmums Thu 07-Jul-11 12:42:31

MIL takes DS and his cousin around to see all of her extended family on a Thurs afternoon (picks him up at about 11am). I normally keep a jar of food in his nappy bag for emergencies, which normally comes back untouched (its been used maybe twice?).
Last time she had him, there wasnt one in there and I asked if she needed food for him and she said something along the lines of "well he needs to eat" (it wasnt at all sarcastic or nasty, I get on great with her, I just cant remember the exact words).
Now I'm confused. I know for a fact that she isnt given food for Dcousin (apart from maybe a bag of crisps), so she feeds him, so I'm not sure if I should always be giving food for DS (in which case I'll make him something rather than give a jar - as I have done today) as it seems weird not to provide food for both of them if shes feeding one?
Btw DS is 9m and Dcousin is 23m. DS will eat near enough anything, and MIL isnt like some of my family who panic if hes eating anything lumpier than yoghurt, she will happily give him normal food.

CurrySpice Thu 07-Jul-11 12:44:51

Why don't you just ask her, like you have here?

"Would you like me to send food for DS or are you happy to feed him?

Not difficult, especially as you get on well.

Can't see the pronlem tbh

ShatnersBassoon Thu 07-Jul-11 12:45:59

Yes, just ask her.

activate Thu 07-Jul-11 12:47:55

can you ask her what she wants you to provide

I don't think you can guess

MassagesDeclinedByNetmums Thu 07-Jul-11 13:00:01

Sorry ladies, I can see what a complete non-problem this is now you've replied grin

Am getting stressed over other things and then seeing problems where there aren't any!! Think I need to sit down with a nice brew and try to calm my crazy self down smile

CurrySpice Thu 07-Jul-11 14:15:48

Sorted! grin

<gavel>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now