Talk

Advanced search

to drink champagne?

(17 Posts)
LeoTheLateBloomer Thu 07-Jul-11 12:29:32

I've just found a bottle hiding in my kitchen.

It looks quite lonely.

I'm sure I can think of something to celebrate if I try hard enough... grin

TakeMeDrunkImHome Thu 07-Jul-11 12:30:37

Your very good friend TakeMeDrunk has found out she got the job she wanted today so pop that cork and celebrate!

LeoTheLateBloomer Thu 07-Jul-11 12:34:39

Oooh! Well done you...

Say no more, I will drink to your success this evening wink

TakeMeDrunkImHome Thu 07-Jul-11 12:36:34

Cheers! <clinks tea cup until later>

IslaValargeone Thu 07-Jul-11 12:37:55

We just got our accounts in and we are in the black rather than the red, WOOHOO! drink up!

MummyTigger Thu 07-Jul-11 12:53:30

And don't forget to have an extra glass on my behalf, because at 38 weeks I can't drink sad so I must live vicariously through you ;)

LolaRennt Thu 07-Jul-11 12:56:11

You found a bottle of champagne? They don't get forgotten in my house!

OTheHugeManatee Thu 07-Jul-11 12:57:28

What time zone are you in, Leo? The sun is nowhere near the yardarm here in London. envy

LeoTheLateBloomer Thu 07-Jul-11 13:07:08

Time zone normally wouldn't stop me Manatee but XH is coming to see DD later. If he finds me half cut I suspect he might have something to say about it!

motherinferior Thu 07-Jul-11 13:09:15

It's my sister's birthday. There you go!

LeoTheLateBloomer Thu 07-Jul-11 13:39:55

Ok so let's see...

A glass for TakeMeDrunk, one for Isla (well done btw), a sympathy glass for Tigger and a birthday drink for motherinferior's sister.

Not bad. How many glasses can I squeeze out of a bottle?

neptunesdaughter Thu 07-Jul-11 13:40:08

Not at all! DH and I drank a bottle of cheap cava yesterday, just because I bought it to have with some friends and ended up not drinking it, so we thought 'what the heck -it's a Wednesday!'.

Did have a slight headache this morning though....

TrinIsASadSpottyFatRhino Thu 07-Jul-11 13:42:37

I found a fiver and half a packet of fags in the pocket of a coat I haven't worn for ages this morning

so you can celebrate for me too grin

TrinIsASadSpottyFatRhino Thu 07-Jul-11 13:45:09

I'm loving the idea that its looking lonely

maybe I could convince myself that the pringles look lonely and actually want to be eaten grin

ShellyBoobs Thu 07-Jul-11 14:39:08

I thought champagne had to always be kept in pairs (a la guinea pigs)?

Hence, if you find a lone bottle, it's always kinder to consume it forthwith. grin

ShellyBoobs Thu 07-Jul-11 14:43:03

Actually, there's half a bottle of Gallo white grenache in my fridge. I'm sure I read somewhere that you should never leave part of a bottle of that?

Did I? Did I read that somewhere? I'm sure I did. I can't drink it now in a tall glass with loads of ice though, can I? hmm

(Damn working from home and having free access to snacks and drinks all day grrrr.)

LeoTheLateBloomer Thu 07-Jul-11 20:18:56

Fuck it. I'm going to drink to the fact that I'm no longer married to 'that' man. That definitely requires a whole bottle grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now