Talk

Advanced search

Yeah Yeah I know I am but what evs

(61 Posts)
thefirstMrsDeVere Thu 07-Jul-11 12:19:12

My DS1 came round this morning to pick up some stuff to go to a festival this weekend.

Nice to seem him

BUT.

HE HAS CUT ALL HIS HAIR OFF!!!! shock

I dont care that he is 17 and doesnt even live at home.
I dont care that its his body and his head and his hair.
I dont care that he is still very handsome.

HE CUT HIS LOVELY DREADLOCKS OFF. He has had them for years. They took years of loving care (by me) to get looking so beautiful.

And now they are gone <sob>

His reason? So he can get more modelling work hmm

He isnt a model by they way but expects to be snapped up any minute. He IS very good looking but its hardly a career plan.

Anyhow. I dont care. HE CUT HIS HAIR OFF.

Now flame me for being a controlling matriarch who cant cut the cord. Go on.

<waaaaahhh>

CurrySpice Thu 07-Jul-11 12:21:19

I don't like dreadlocks so I'll say YABU

Summerbird73 Thu 07-Jul-11 12:21:48

here have a brew

my DS is 2 and i have a good sob when DH brings him back from the hairdressers and his gorgeos blonde surf dude locks have gone

<passes hankies to MrsD>

TeeBee Thu 07-Jul-11 12:21:58

You are a controlling matriarch who can't cut the cord.

...Now post some pictures so we can ogle take a look and judge for ourselves. grin

TrillianAstra Thu 07-Jul-11 12:23:36

Has he saved one for you to keep? grin

(ming, by the way)

thefirstMrsDeVere Thu 07-Jul-11 13:33:14

Sorry I got caught up reading 'the customer is not always right' on facebook. I am such a loser.

HIS dreadlocks were lovely curry <glare>

Thanks for the tissues.

Little git how DARE he defy me.

I dont think I have any photos of him. He wont let me take them and makes stupid faces whenever I get the camera out.

He really is a problem child <sigh>

He didnt give me one to fashion into jewelery but I think I have some baby dreadlocks in the loft somewhere.

thefirstMrsDeVere Thu 07-Jul-11 13:34:25

DC5' s hair is looking very promising..... its like a poodle's.

<searches for hair wax and hairbands>

messymammy Thu 07-Jul-11 13:35:35

I cried when dp cut off his lovely hair when we were 18. Infact I still get a bit sad when I think about how he just did it when he was drunk and because everyone at the horrible student house party we were at goaded him in to it sad

thefirstMrsDeVere Thu 07-Jul-11 13:38:52

messy that is so sad sad

To think we carried them for nine months! Sharper than a serpents claw/tooth whatever and all that.

I think there should be some sort of law that allows mothers to hand out permits for hair cuts.

<slightly deranged>

loubie1967 Thu 07-Jul-11 13:41:31

OMG you're gonna be the MIL from hell!!!!!!! Have you told him who he's allowed to date yet?

thefirstMrsDeVere Thu 07-Jul-11 13:43:32

But no, you are much mistaken loubie

I often have chats with his gf and bestow upon her my wisdom re men.

'dont ever let a man tell you what to do'

'make the lazy sod clean up after himself'

'whats it got to do with him how you do your hair'

etc.

She loves me.

eurochick Thu 07-Jul-11 13:45:06

YABU. Dreadlocks ming.

Honeydragon Thu 07-Jul-11 13:48:35

OMG You will be MY MIL! Who is perfectly lovely btw, but each and every time I have DS's hair cut, goes into full on epic Victorian scale mourning for all the curls that might have been.

DS is 8 ffs, it's his choice now. He has been known to wear hats when she visits to avoid watching Nanny wince as if in actually pain and sigh the sigh of mournfulness each and every time she looks upon his tidy head.

I dread to think what she will be like when dd needs her cutting, it may actually kill the poor woman grin

thefirstMrsDeVere Thu 07-Jul-11 13:50:22

I would like to point out that my children have afro hair.

So dreadlocks are most certainly not ming.

Judge me for my unhingedness if you like though grin

thefirstMrsDeVere Thu 07-Jul-11 13:51:42

honey well she is clearly mad. There is a degree of seperation between granny and grandson.

This is my boy.

My baby boy.

<wibble>

Honeydragon Thu 07-Jul-11 13:57:34

MrsDevere

She blames dh for his hair loss. She cried when he went in the Navy and had his head shaved. Even now she remains convinced that he has male pattern baldness out of spite.

MiL is one of the finest women I know, until it comes to her male brood and their hair, then she is one of the very least sane people I know....and I post on Mnet with you lot, so we are talking pretty damned insane!

thefirstMrsDeVere Thu 07-Jul-11 14:01:42

Ha ha. honey. Does she have DDs? Do you think she longs for what she thinks she missed? Or is she just bonkers?

I think I have found my new niche.

I am not having anymore babies so need to find my new role.

Mad mother of boys.

I could get my own back on DS1 for the last few years.

Mwah ha ha.

HoneyNorwegianRidgebackdragon Thu 07-Jul-11 14:11:17

She has a daughter, dh's sister who farts around with her hair endlessly and oft receives the cats bum mouth, but nothing else. My niece isn't allowed haircuts either, although she bloody needs one, I itch the get the scissors out and thin it! But she is waaaaaaaaaaaay worse with dh and ds.

Mad mother of boys works.

I've gone a bit broody over the idea of baby dreadlocks and now want a ickle baby pet dreadlock of my own sad

thefirstMrsDeVere Thu 07-Jul-11 14:15:37

I will see if I can find a spare one in the loft.

melezka Thu 07-Jul-11 14:28:48

hair you go

<joins in crying though>

Summerbird73 Thu 07-Jul-11 14:28:51

go on MrsD have a good bubble

<throws a muzzi over shoulder to catch the drips and clutches MrsD to her bosom>

kreecherlivesupstairs Thu 07-Jul-11 14:29:49

I like dreadlocks, proper ones, not those 'ooh I'm a traveller I'll have some sewn in on Koh Sahn road' ones.
How will your DS manage to be a model if he doesn't like his photo taken or is he after nudey dudey or catwalk work?

kreecherlivesupstairs Thu 07-Jul-11 14:31:25

meleza, that is disgusting.
I did have an elephant hair ring once. That was classy hmm

peeriebear Thu 07-Jul-11 14:38:04

I'd have thunk a handsome young man WITH lovely natural dreads is more likely to get modelling work, but that's just me confused

melezka Thu 07-Jul-11 14:40:09

grin

I also had classy elephant hair ring

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now