Talk

Advanced search

To take my dcs out of school one day early in october?

(9 Posts)
mosschops30 Thu 07-Jul-11 10:07:00

i know generally the feeling on here is that its bad to tske your dcs out of school for fun stuff or hols.
But bloody theme parks have you by the nuts, if you want a discount you cant go at all in the october holidays.

So AIBU to want to let them finish on the thursday and miss the friday so we can do thorpe park without remortgaging the house
(btw ds1 is 6 and dd is 15) and we never taken them out for anything, both had 2 days of absence this year due to sickness

fanjobanjowanjo Thu 07-Jul-11 10:07:54

Go for it - you only live once! Have fun smile

redskyatnight Thu 07-Jul-11 10:11:54

Thorpe Park normally has 2 for 1 deals (valid in school holidays) and you can also use Tesco vouchers.

I wouldn't take a 15 year old of school unnecessarily for a day tbh. They cover a lot at that age that will mean extra work for her to catch up.

mosschops30 Thu 07-Jul-11 10:14:18

redsky all the vouchers ive seen for thorpe park and legoland cannot be used between 22/10 and 31/10

fanjobanjowanjo Thu 07-Jul-11 10:15:52

redsky They won't miss that much in one day, it's not like it's for a week or anything like that!

SquidgyBiscuits Thu 07-Jul-11 10:30:37

Do it.

1 day will not kill their education. Going without treats will kill their minds.

altinkum Thu 07-Jul-11 10:32:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

redexpat Thu 07-Jul-11 11:06:25

Could you check that your 6yo is tall enough to go on the rides before you make a decision? I speak as the youngest of three who could never go on anything interesting at Alton Towers and had to spend hours in the piss boring japanese water garden with my mum while my big sisters got to do the fun stuff with Dad. And no the little caterpillar rollercoaster does not compensate for the black hole!

mosschops30 Thu 07-Jul-11 11:08:52

Already done alton towers in the may hols and ds1 is over 1.2m and even went on thirteen grin
its changed a lot since those days lol and i also spent many years on the apple rollercoaster and around the world in 80 days

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now