Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Affronted-[love that word]would you be?

(11 Posts)
stayathomegardener Wed 06-Jul-11 23:17:29

My D younger sister was forty a few weeks ago,on a recent visit she admired my vintage sewing box so for her birthday DD 12 and I bid for a vintage box on ebay and spent a couple of weeks filling it with coloured cottons,a silver thimble,little scissors and DD proudly appliqued a 'fish' needle case.
We posted it out two weeks before her birthday recorded delivery and phoned on the day in great excitement to see if she had opened it,she had not had time to collect it which was fine,in fact we joked that we were more excited about her birthday than she was.
It was returned uncollected yesterday,would it be unreasonable to sulk and put it in the garage until she has to actually mention it

FlubbaBubba Wed 06-Jul-11 23:21:40

How rude of her! I would assume, though, that she just totally forgot to pick it up?

I would just phone her and tell her you've been delivered it back again!

FlubbaBubba Wed 06-Jul-11 23:22:11

forgot forgotten

hairfullofsnakes Wed 06-Jul-11 23:23:59

Just ask her if she forgot!

piprabbit Wed 06-Jul-11 23:24:29

I'd talk to her before deciding if sulking is required...she might have an explanation.

Perhaps DD would appreciate the box more?

stayathomegardener Wed 06-Jul-11 23:24:57

She is really busy,although she has no idea what the gift is and for all she knows it could be perishable.

stayathomegardener Wed 06-Jul-11 23:27:26

I can,t ask at present snakes I am too affronted.
Interesting idea pip DD would LOVE the box and adores sewing.Hmmm

FabbyChic Wed 06-Jul-11 23:27:40

That is really rude, what an ignorant woman.

piprabbit Wed 06-Jul-11 23:28:22

Have you considered that maybe the courier company got a bit keen and returned it early?

stayathomegardener Wed 06-Jul-11 23:31:12

No it was left two weeks and I got the card a week ago and rearrange to receive it yesterday,so three weeks

stayathomegardener Wed 06-Jul-11 23:39:04

Oh thank you fabbywink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now