Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to be REALLY cross at siblings lack of response re 40th birthday?

(4 Posts)
OnlyMe1971 Wed 06-Jul-11 20:58:53

I have 6 siblings. We are all quite close and get along much better now in adulthood thankfully and enjoy good relationships with one another.

I am having a 40th birthday party in October which I am in the middle of organising now. Catering, dj, the works. I have asked and asked my siblings and am getting NO response. One sister has confirmed she will be there with her DH and that's it.

We don't live in the UK but we live close enough that you can get to us for under 100 pounds return. I have heard silent murmers of finances being cited as a possible reason to decline my invitation but none of them will be straight wiht me.. Also I am so cross as none of them are particularly badly off, they all enjoy busy social lives and are out most weekends, so not like they are THAT strapped for cash.

Last night I sent them a text asking for answers. Heard NOTHING back. My parents are also unresponsive.

AIBU to be really annoyed and angry about this?

shakey1500 Wed 06-Jul-11 21:01:00

I'll warrant they're planning a surprise grin

LindyHemming Wed 06-Jul-11 21:04:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Energumene Wed 06-Jul-11 21:07:35

I'm with Shakey on this. If you're really that close and they're not getting back to you, I'd be thinking they were trying to sort a surprise. Can you ask your OH to sound them out so some element of surprise can be maintained if need be?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now