Talk

Advanced search

To wonder what the fuss over the Gallagher brothers is?

(28 Posts)
katkitya Wed 06-Jul-11 20:02:49

They seem to be everywhere just lately. I swear they've even been on the evening news. Why do we care? Where is their talent exactly? They are just Beatles rip offs. The one who I thought was the better one, Noel, held a press conference today. For what? And all the journalists asked about was his fall out with his brother with the bad haircut. All Noel could do was swear his way through it. Didn't they have their time in the sun about, fifteen years ago?

ThisIsJustASagaNow Wed 06-Jul-11 20:06:44

Are they? Blimey I agree I thought they'd be all slippers and the Antiques Roadshow by now. Haven't heard of them in ages. Why have they resurfaced?confused

I know one of them was 'designing' clothes or wotnot.

katkitya Wed 06-Jul-11 21:01:16

Theyve both got new albums out at the same time. Happy coincidence. They are like school boys with their rivalry. Its annoying.

complexnumber Wed 06-Jul-11 21:05:59

As my DP said during a recent discussion; "...just because you have talent, does not mean you will be a nice person."

flipthefrog Wed 06-Jul-11 21:07:16

are they having a reform like take that grin

DogsBestFriend Wed 06-Jul-11 21:11:40

Hold on, they were in their heyday far better than the Beatles (who were highly overrated IMHO). Now... well, they do both have albums out, as you said... grin

They're a pair of dicks but every time I hear "Roll With It" I find myself forgiving them for being so penis-like. grin

katkitya Wed 06-Jul-11 21:17:46

Its the public slagging matches, its so old now. I bet they are best mates behind closed doors smile

Hassled Wed 06-Jul-11 21:21:05

I'm quite fascinated by them. Noel did right some damn good songs once upon a time if you like The Beatles, which I do. Liam is just so thick and aggressive - how did he ever get Patsy Kensit? And they have no shame, do they? They're more than happy to wash their dirty linen - it's like watching a bad soap over a couple of decades.

Hassled Wed 06-Jul-11 21:21:40

right? write. I've been watching Liam for too long - thick as shit.

flipthefrog Wed 06-Jul-11 21:25:40

patsy was never brain of britain, especially at that time was she (sorry pats)

Carminagetsprimal Wed 06-Jul-11 21:30:30

Oasis were the band of the 90's - extremely talented ( and good looking )
They'd sell out the o2 in 5 minutes /

And tell me who isn't musically inspired by someone else?

flipthefrog Wed 06-Jul-11 21:45:26

i always preferred the inspiral carpets, much more talented that oasis (wtf is oasis for a name jeysus)

katkitya Wed 06-Jul-11 22:38:17

To be fair to them they seem to keep their private lives private. I never knew that Noel had got married and had two children recently. Its just the public fights, Im sure its all for publicity.

EldritchCleavage Thu 07-Jul-11 12:09:03

They have a certain simian charm. And very good hair (not hair^cuts^, mind, hair).

squeakytoy Thu 07-Jul-11 12:12:05

Patsy picked her men according to their current pop star status.. that seemed to be her only pre-requisite....

The Gallagher brothers are a pair of arrogant tossers and really do not deserve the press attention that they get.

No idea - I think they are vile beyond belief - a couple of thugs!

Malgosia Thu 07-Jul-11 12:46:27

Oasis were the band of the 90's - extremely talented

Nah, you're thinking of Blur, there.

katkitya Thu 07-Jul-11 13:01:27

I second Blur.

They live in a time warp.

discobeaver Thu 07-Jul-11 13:07:58

Simian charm - arf!
Patsy married him because he was famous and loaded.
I think in their day ( peers back through the mists of time) they fitted perfectly the swagger and optimism of the time. You have to be arrogant to wear those stupid parkas after all.
They had some good tunes and were apparently named after a leisure centre.

Carminagetsprimal Thu 07-Jul-11 14:00:47

Blur were rubbish - they had one good song ( to the end ) and that was it.
Althogh Gorillaz were good -

Actually, DA was on the Andrew Marr show a few weeks ago - he defo looked under the influence / Ha ha

Cocoflower Thu 07-Jul-11 14:04:32

Their CD's are the most common one's in Charity shops.

(Though I quite like their old songs blush). Never got why some many girls thought they were sexy though.

Wonderwall anyone?

"And after alllllllll... your my wonderwalllllllll"

bruffin Thu 07-Jul-11 14:17:28

Was never a huge Oasis fan neither was DH, but he won tickets to see Beady Eye at the Itunes festival on Tuesday and he was quite impressed, except apparently neither him not DS could understand a word Liam Gallagher was saying.

CurrySpice Thu 07-Jul-11 14:19:56

Overrated pub singers

Carminagetsprimal Thu 07-Jul-11 14:20:10

Little by little is brilliant - ( reminds me of someone )

But what do I know? - I still listen to Fleetwood Mac.

CurrySpice Thu 07-Jul-11 14:29:56

I have just snorted with derision at the idea that they are "better than the Beatles" dogsbestfriend grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now