Advanced search

to want a McDonald's cheese burger and fries

(19 Posts)
TeacupTempest Wed 06-Jul-11 18:21:25

am !?

I am a vegetarian!

I am pregnant

cookielove Wed 06-Jul-11 18:26:49

My friend was a vegetarian for 5 years, and fancied a macccy d's hamburger, so she had one. She never went back to being a vegetarian after that. They are good mmmmmmm
So no yanbu

drivemecrazy63 Wed 06-Jul-11 18:30:08

its normal to fancy odd things maybe its just what your body needs atm mine was gherkins and twice during my first pregnancy i desperately HAD to have a packet of starburst at 4am and DH being the proud daddy to be was dumb kind enough to pop to the garage to get them grin

TeacupTempest Wed 06-Jul-11 18:44:58

Well my body might THINK it needs cheeseburger but it bloody well isn't getting one! I cannot bring myself to do it.......well......not yet........

Geordieminx Wed 06-Jul-11 18:47:58

Go on...you know you want to. Get a portion of cheese melts while you are on. And a nice cold full fat coke, and maybe an apple pie grin

5inthebed Wed 06-Jul-11 18:48:25

What you need to do is get someone who is a meat eater to turn vegetarian so you can have the cheeseburger. Once you have had the baby they can revert back to a meat eater and you a veggie.

activate Wed 06-Jul-11 18:50:11

god if you're breaking your vegetarian lifestyle you need something decent - a T-bone steak or a bacon sarnie - but a McD's cheeseburger? at least crave a Burger King grin

NettoSuperstar Wed 06-Jul-11 18:50:17

I ate cleaning sponges and sniffed dry sherry when I was pg!

youwillneverfindme Wed 06-Jul-11 18:53:33

Mmmm I had one last night. T'was very nice too thanks grin

microserf Wed 06-Jul-11 19:21:31

i'm so suggestible, now i want one too!

had hyperemesis until 14 weeks, then spent the rest of my first pregnancy stuffing down chicken nuggets with bbq sauce. never eaten them before in my life.

BeautifulBlondePineapple Wed 06-Jul-11 19:24:11

YANBU.

I just had one an hour ago (my first in about 5 years!) and it was great. I am also pregnant (but not veggie).

omnishambles Wed 06-Jul-11 19:26:48

You're craving fat and salt (obviously- I always do when pg) so any combo should work - have you got any walkers salt and vinegar or get some chip shop chips...

TeacupTempest Wed 06-Jul-11 20:27:10

Well I had a can of garden veg soup, some broccoli and plenty of salt and pepper.....not quite the same thing but at least I feel full now so less thinking of cheeseburgers is occurring!

LolaRennt Wed 06-Jul-11 20:36:13

I'm veggy and fancy meat when I'm low on protien, you need more during pregnancy. Make sure you are loading up with quorn etc. Maybe make a really greasy fully loaded veggy burger and some good fries to go with it

TartyMcFarty Wed 06-Jul-11 20:38:40

I never had any cravings except for chocolate brownies, giant choc buttons and crisps. They haven't stopped.

toddlerwrangler Wed 06-Jul-11 20:43:28

YABVVVVVU to mess-arse about with cheeseburgers when the wonderous, amazing Big Tastys are back on the menu.

I actually cried when pregnant because I didn't want one [confused}

Slainte Wed 06-Jul-11 20:43:34

I had the exact same craving and we don't have any fast food places where I live so I had to try to get over it but I craved a McD double cheese burger for days. Even through the morning sickness I kept thinking about it!

HeadfirstForHalos Wed 06-Jul-11 21:01:27

I had cravings for meat with every pregnancy, I've been veggie since the age of 11! Every time It was because my iron count was getting low so I took supplements and ate more veggie iron rich foods and the cravings went.

I suppose whether you cave to the crave depends on your reasons for being veggie smile

flipthefrog Wed 06-Jul-11 21:02:32

i had my first bigmac when i was pregnant

though i prefer wimpybars wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now