Talk

Advanced search

To want some me time?

(10 Posts)
ChablisLover Tue 05-Jul-11 23:08:20

So after getting up at six, leaving house for work at 7 and working until 3. Home at 4, make dinner, do dishes, do ironing, entertain ds and grandparents, give ds bath, calm down from grandparents, read 4 stories Aibu in wanting a little me time and not for dh to huff when I say I have changed my mind about having sex tonight and that a hot bath, caitlin moran's book and bed is more appealing?

That and hayfever playing up and every bone aches from taebo last night.

inkystinky Tue 05-Jul-11 23:09:38

you plan when your having sex????

AgentZigzag Tue 05-Jul-11 23:13:06

Nothing more of a turn off than a bloke huffing about it.

Does he do it because he's under the impression you'll think twice about turning him down next time to avoid the sulk?

AgentZigzag Tue 05-Jul-11 23:13:47

People have all sort of sex lives inky, if you hadn't noticed.

BabyDubsEverywhere Tue 05-Jul-11 23:16:56

Sleep is always ahead of sex in this house grin I think my DH would be so shocked if i said i wanted sex rather than extra sleep he would have a heart attack and we wouldnt get any anyway then. grin

YANBU!

manticlimactic Tue 05-Jul-11 23:23:11

Nothing turns me off from having sex than having someone ask for it, or even planning on having it.

ChablisLover Tue 05-Jul-11 23:26:32

Inky and mantic - sometimes the planning puts me off too!!!

Just feeling under appreciated today and the sex planning and expectation thereof really pushed me over the edge!

That and the ironing ended up lying on floor as he can't be bothered to put it away!

wicketkeeper Wed 06-Jul-11 07:59:35

YANBU, not at all. My x had a 'you owe me one' attitude to sex - he seemed to think it was his right to have it when he wanted it, and if I refused (even on the night my DF was in the hospital after a heart attack and we didn't know if he'd survive the night) then we'd get the big huff. Things were different if I inititiated it - then he would be tired or not in the mood. Amazes me now that I stayed with him so long. It certainly became part of my 'list of things to do' - cook tea, feed baby, wash up, do prep for work, iron clothes, have sex. I tried to say to him that if he never let me refuse (never violent, just the big huff), then he'd never know for sure when I really wanted it, but he never really understood. He's remarried now - I'd love to know if things have changed in that department!!!

fuzzpig Wed 06-Jul-11 08:03:19

YANBU, he sounds quite immature. Did he contribute to the running of the house/family too, or did he just sit around waiting for a shag?

vickibee Wed 06-Jul-11 08:08:48

shut eye is far more appealing - personally I can't be bothered with sex and fell obliged cos DH wants it. Always knacked like you. Do you think sex is more important to men than us girls?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now