Talk

Advanced search

to start job applications?

(3 Posts)
leroymerlin Tue 05-Jul-11 22:05:54

So my DH is a teacher but having been on a temporary contract will be out of work in August. Has had a few interviews but not secured a position - it's getting late in the year...

Now I am also a teacher (on same scale) and while I don't think I would walk into a job there are still some available in my subject.

We have two kids DD 3 and DS 1 and I was planning on staying home for another year. DH doesn't want to stay at home as understandably he is worried enough as it it about getting another job, let alone after a year off.

If however I apply, I am implying all sorts of stuff about DH. AIBU to start job applications or shall I just let us all drift into penury?

fluffles Tue 05-Jul-11 22:09:04

i think you should both make a pact to double your chances of one of you getting a job by both applying.

your DH is a bit of an idiot if he objects.

but if you do get a job, does that mean he can't get one too? can you not use childcare if that were to happen? or both apply for part as well as full time positions?

leroymerlin Tue 05-Jul-11 22:14:47

I looked into childcare and for the two of them I would end up earning less than 200 a week, working full time (if we were both working full time). It didn't seem worth the time not spent with them (not including all the prep and marking time at home). That's why I was aiming to start in a year...

I do agree with you though. Hmmm a very boring AIBU I think I'll just apply.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now