Talk

Advanced search

To think that if my mum wants to come to my ds sports day she'll come!

(25 Posts)
sportsdayfun Tue 05-Jul-11 19:58:24

Firstly let me make it clear that I havent actually asked anyone to come with me to watch my little boy 4.11 at his sports day. I just thought it would be me and my 3 year old watching it. Anyway my mum today asked me when it is and said its not next wednesday is please dont say its next wednesday. I said yes it is and mum said oh no I really wanted to come. Anyway my mum has her dgs (my nephew) every other wednesday. I said bring him along I'm taking ds with me and mum said no dil would never allow it. I said why not ask her and she said I could but I know she will say no! They live 15 minutes away by car. I wouldnt mind but she keeps saying how disapointed she is that she cant watch him on his sports and how she would liked to have gone etc etc! GRRRRR!!!!

hugeleyoutnumbered Tue 05-Jul-11 20:06:42

the dgs would probably love sports day, its not as if they have to sit in silence, very odd

sportsdayfun Tue 05-Jul-11 20:09:52

Dil does not allow my mum to take him any where that involves taking him in the car. They have car seats in the car but only my dc have ever used them!!! My mum goes to dils house to look after him btw.

jeee Tue 05-Jul-11 20:11:39

Maybe your mum doesn't want you to think that she's less interested in your son than your nephew?

sportsdayfun Tue 05-Jul-11 20:13:16

Maybe but I dont think so as I dont see why if she wants to come she cant bring him along but I know that wont happen.

sportsdayfun Tue 05-Jul-11 20:24:20

Also not particularly fair on ds to say I would have liked to have come etc as ds then said I want you to come why cant you come nanny etc etc!

sportsdayfun Tue 05-Jul-11 21:34:50

I've just told my dh who has come home from work and he thinks its all rediculous he said doesnt she trust your mum or something!!!

cjbartlett Tue 05-Jul-11 21:37:04

She could just come and not tell your sil
But to be h

cjbartlett Tue 05-Jul-11 21:37:49

But to be honest I'd ring your brother and tell him to sort his control freak wife out

sportsdayfun Tue 05-Jul-11 21:38:39

Sil (mums dil) works from home and my mum comes in to look after her ds so that wouldnt be an option. She wants to know what my mum is doing with her ds at all times!

sportsdayfun Tue 05-Jul-11 21:39:08

I meant not telling her wouldnt be an option!

oohjarWhatsit Tue 05-Jul-11 21:42:06

just say she cant mind him that day as she has other plans

squeakytoy Tue 05-Jul-11 21:43:27

ffs... I would be telling the SIL to look after her own kid if she is so sodding particular.....

Or if you do get on with her, invite her along too.

Is there a particular reason she doesnt let your mum take your nephew out?

Nanny0gg Tue 05-Jul-11 21:43:48

If SIL is at home then there's no problem.
She can just take some time off.

sportsdayfun Tue 05-Jul-11 21:44:04

She wouldnt do that eitther but they (my parents) have just come from a long(ish) holiday of 3 weeks so I can understand why she wouldnt do that! Also she doesnt like letting her down.

cjbartlett Tue 05-Jul-11 21:45:20

Don't you have a good relationship with your brother then?

fivegomadindorset Tue 05-Jul-11 21:45:45

Get your Mums to say she is unavailable for such a such a time and SIL will have to make other arrangements.

sportsdayfun Tue 05-Jul-11 21:47:28

I dont think my mum would ask her to take time off either she just wants to moan to me about how unfair it is thats what I find soooo annoying. But sil does work hard at home so I dont think my mum would like to ask her to take time off for that. Quite apart from the fact it apears to me to be totally unnecessary!

sportsdayfun Tue 05-Jul-11 21:49:35

I do cjbartlett but my experience is my brother and sil agee with each other regarding everything to do with childcare/bringing them up etc etc so no point in talking to him tbh!

sportsdayfun Tue 05-Jul-11 21:52:28

Thing is she'll take my neice to school as she usually does when its her day to have them and then she could come if she wanted but she wont as sil just wont allow it!

sportsdayfun Tue 05-Jul-11 21:55:41

Just noticed your thread squeaky toy. No reeason why she can go anywhere if its walking so the local nature reserve, the library up town but usually where sil has listed/suggested and NEVER by car!!!

sportsdayfun Tue 05-Jul-11 21:58:11

I meant that she can take the dc out but only walking not car

squeakytoy Tue 05-Jul-11 22:02:20

Is her driving bad or is your SIL just being weird?

Can you not offer to pick them up, or would she not trust your driving?

I just find it really odd controlling behaviour, but if you mother panders to it, then more fool her I suppose.

sportsdayfun Tue 05-Jul-11 22:02:30

My mum feels she has to tread on egg shells around sil but with and my dc she can say/moan as she likes. She says its different with your dil than with your daughter iyswim!

sportsdayfun Tue 05-Jul-11 22:06:01

No her driving is not bad at all and when they have not had a car for whatever reason my mum or dad has been there for lifts but always swapping car seats!!!!!!! My mum has taken my dc out and about for years and no probs ever. I dont drive bu the way hence the reason why they have car seats I suppose.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now