Talk

Advanced search

To be annoyed at MIL for exposing my sons to hand foot and mouth?

(8 Posts)
sweetness86 Tue 05-Jul-11 18:40:45

Im a bit annoyed both my sons so far this year have had chicken pox , tonsilitis, norovirus x2 and a few other minor viruses.
Im getting peed off with it and then last week my MIL had the kids for 5 hours whilst I went to work she does this every other week and I am grateful.

So her other grandchild went to a family party 2 weeks ago (my sons were not invited as usual) and anyway she caught hand foot and mouth. Last week while MIL had my sons her son brought the grandaughter around (she sees her quite a lot they only live around the corner) while she was ill with this virus my MIL then had to look after her while her son swanned off out for the afternoon down the pub.
Im now so bloody pissed off that my son (he is two years old) has got hand foot and mouth and is terrible pain he's not long got over chicken pox and then the he had the noriovirus straight after and now this!

Am I wrong to be annoyed why did she let Grandaughter stay in the house when she knew full well she was ill ?? Why did my stupid BIL take her round when shes ill when he knows my sons are there !

Ive had to take so much time off work with my little boy as he has caught everything this year and I only work part time I dont mind it I want to be there for him but Im sure my boss aint gonna be happy when Im off this week!

AIBU? I feel like phoning aher and saying why did you let Grandaughter stay round when you knew she was ill ?? Seems so inconsiderate Im pissed off!
Its a matter of time too now but before my older son gets it!

MadYoungCatLady Tue 05-Jul-11 18:43:51

She should have said no to having her grandaughter - she had made the arrangement with you first and should not have put your DS's health at risk.

YANBU.

mistressploppy Tue 05-Jul-11 18:46:46

YANBU! I'd be livid!

MissMap Tue 05-Jul-11 18:48:16

YANBU

strandedbear Tue 05-Jul-11 18:50:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PinkSchmoo Tue 05-Jul-11 18:51:05

YANBU. Sort of thing my dmil (d for daft) would do as she wants to help everyone.

LDNmummy Tue 05-Jul-11 18:53:10

YANBU, totally out of order to put another child at risk of catching something like that.

sweetness86 Tue 05-Jul-11 18:56:56

I know it could happen to anyone but its made all the worse that she caught from a party that my sons were excluded from like they always are so Im doubly peed off that they caught the virus from people I cant stand and havent seen for three years!
If my kids gave the grandaughter this virus my SIL would be straight on the phone and they knew full well she was bloody contagious and my poor son has literally had everything going this year .
I didnt take him round to MIL when he had chicken pox its called consideration for others.

Glad Im people think I am not being unreasonable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now