Talk

Advanced search

to want to bring more money in to the household

(8 Posts)
charliejosh Tue 05-Jul-11 15:59:18

I have been considering getting a part time bar job (evenings and weekends) to supplement our income. Dp earns a pittance (but works very hard) I earn an ok salary, office based. I dont mind having a 2nd job, I have done this in the past and enjoy working in a bar.

dp disagree's, thinks we should cut back on our spending and not our quality time together.
AIBU to want more money and not struggle so much?

aubergine70 Tue 05-Jul-11 19:13:55

I think a couple of evenings a week is reasonable, weekends might be pushing it.

FabbyChic Tue 05-Jul-11 19:32:01

Bear in mind if the income is taxable you will pay 20% on it most bars pay minimum wage you will only take around 4.00 an hour

Sorry but I agree with your husband, cut back on your spending first,

whackamole Tue 05-Jul-11 19:34:32

Try the cutting back first, then the job. You will be really really lucky to get a bar job where you can work when you want, ie, not at weekends.

Try the cutting back first, then the job. You will be really really lucky to get a bar job where you can work when you want, ie, not at weekends.

joric Tue 05-Jul-11 19:34:44

Spend more time with each other and less
money .. Sorry OP ;(

DeniseTaylor Mon 18-Jul-11 21:53:56

Why don't you start an online business? You could start a business based on something for which you have a passion or on a topic with which you have a lot of knowledge. I would use Site Build It and if you do it right, you can create lots of ever-growing free traffic and then sell advertising space or products. You can work from anywhere at any time day or night and your family could even pitch in and help.

It would take a little while to build up traffic and start see money coming in, but again, if you do it right, the traffic and income will eventually flow in on its own. You can then choose your own hours, and enjoy your family.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now