Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to be excited because I've just ordered my first Groupon voucher?

(16 Posts)
Aworryingtrend Tue 05-Jul-11 15:41:27

I've been registered for ages but this is the first thing I've seen that we would actually use. I've jsut ordered it, what happens next? Will they email me the voucher? How do i know the deal will definitely be 'on'?

CMOTdibbler Tue 05-Jul-11 15:44:15

Once the deal finishes, they email you the voucher and tell you how to redeem.

GwendolineMaryLacey Tue 05-Jul-11 15:54:19

It's fab. I'm going to a concert and was about to pay £40 a ticket. Got 2 tickets for £29 including a fish supper and a drink. And it's down the road from my house. Bloody marvellous grin

Aworryingtrend Tue 05-Jul-11 16:21:27

Thanks! I do love a bargain.

TrillianAstra Tue 05-Jul-11 16:24:46

I like bargains!

leeloo1 Wed 06-Jul-11 10:46:31

I'm thinking of getting one thats £995 (instead of £2700!) for invisible braces at a Harley Street dentist.

I'm feeling very sick about (potentially) spending so much money (although I have it in hard earned savings) at the click of a button, but absolutely HATE my bottom teeth, so it would be worth it if it really is as good as their literature suggests.

ZillionChocolate Wed 06-Jul-11 11:05:39

Make sure you check the RRPs of their deals. I've found quite a few that are a complete con. When I complained to Groupon they didn't care so I got the ASA involved and they upheld my complaint. I have continued to buy some things from there but only if I think the price is good, not because of the massive discounts advertised.

BellaBearisWideAwake Wed 06-Jul-11 11:07:52

Have any of you used little bird? Same idea but family/kids stuff? I'm getting the emails but haven't had anything through that appeals yet

MaryBS Wed 06-Jul-11 11:09:20

One of their latest offers is being discussed on moneysavingexpert as being cheaper to buy direct than through groupon - the gift cards.

On the other hand, I have 2 vouchers ready to use, one for The Big Sheep and one for Midland Railway Centre - both MUCH cheaper than normal.

DogsBestFriend Wed 06-Jul-11 11:11:23

I've just bought two 2-hour archery taster lessons for my very excited 14yo daughter and her just-as-looking-forward-to-it Grandad. The cost was £17 instead of £40 so I'm quite pleased with that.

I have a nasty feeling that DD is going to be asking Grandad to drive 80 or more miles every weekend to take her to continue the sport though! <<gulp>>

dickiedavisthunderthighs Wed 06-Jul-11 11:12:08

Dont' assume you're getting a bargain just because they are claiming a high RRP. Often they bear no resemblance to what you could get if you shopped around anyway. Lots of very unhappy people when it comes to teeth whitening and restaurant deals in particular.
Do lots of Googling for reviews before you commit to anything smile

AmyStake Wed 06-Jul-11 11:16:14

I ordered a voucher from there as a birthday present for my mum. I gave it to her and the day after I got an email telling me the restaurant had decided not to honour the vouchers and I would get a refund.

I do see good stuff on there but I'm a bit wary now.

smartyparts Wed 06-Jul-11 11:16:45

There's a £69 deal on Botox today. But wording is weird so I'm a bit hmm

AmyStake Wed 06-Jul-11 11:17:39

Wary because they were on Watchdog for the same thing, either cancelling people's vouchers or the places being so oversubscribed no-one could actually book this side of Christmas

OTheHugeManatee Wed 06-Jul-11 12:14:45

When you get your voucher, get in quickly and make your booking. I booked a spa day, waited a few days before getting in touch about making my booking with the spa and was told they didn't have a Saturday free till September! shock

Enjoy your voucher grin

Aworryingtrend Wed 06-Jul-11 12:16:16

Thanks everyone, Ill book it today.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now