Talk

Advanced search

to expect car insurance people not to con customers

(3 Posts)
frenchisbest Tue 05-Jul-11 15:23:56

After my car insurance went up again this year( after a 5 year no claim and driving for over 10 years) I took a cheaper online 2 months ago. It costs us around £20/month with a £50 deposit which was not bad at all.. But we are currently upgrading the car as we have a baby in the way.. So we need to now have a full comp policy. When i phoned them yesterday, they told me that i will have to forget what we already paid for this year and the new policy would be around £800 with £30 admin fees... For a car which will cost around £2500 and is 8 years old.. Or the alternative is paying £150 to cancel the policy and get a new one somewhere.. IABU to think they are just greedy whatsit without a thought about customers...

CMOTdibbler Tue 05-Jul-11 15:30:01

Car insurance costs have very little to do with the cost of your car, and a lot to do with how much they have to pay out on personal injury claims. So yabu

Mrsladybirdface Tue 05-Jul-11 16:03:36

All depends on what your new car is...could be a really high group vehicle and you are getting more cover for having comp cover.

They aren't trying to con you - you are the one changing the risk.

YANBU though for being annoyed at the price increase

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now