Talk

Advanced search

To think that the queens cutbacks to £32million annual spend last year were not enough

(7 Posts)
charliejosh Tue 05-Jul-11 12:24:18

£32 million shock

And in last nights news they seemed to be praising the Queens cutbacks. There are people starving in this country

CherylWillBounceBack Tue 05-Jul-11 12:42:38

Considering the nigh on 1/4 trillion pounds of fake money that was printed to 'bail out' (read: enable further speculation in the commodity markets) the banks, the Queen's spend is a drop in a debt fuelled ocean.

CherylWillBounceBack Tue 05-Jul-11 12:42:38

Considering the nigh on 1/4 trillion pounds of fake money that was printed to 'bail out' (read: enable further speculation in the commodity markets) the banks, the Queen's spend is a drop in a debt fuelled ocean.

UKSky Tue 05-Jul-11 14:07:13

the Royal family have cut spending by about 5% - which in this economic climate is good.

£32 million is a mere drop in the ocean compared to the money that is brought INTO this country because of our royal family.

It's less than £1 per person in this country, don't see the issue.

How about the £47m spent on working out a way to build a bypass to Stonehenge, and then NOT come up with a solution!!

BornInAfrica Tue 05-Jul-11 14:09:36

If it's not the bloody smoking bashers it's the blasted Monarchy bashers or some other bloody moaning minnie banging on about something. I suppose the OP would like to live in some colourless communist state where, of course, no fucker is starving.

What a load of tosh!

AuntiePickleBottom Tue 05-Jul-11 14:10:17

it's better than nothing, plus i bet that wedding cost a far bit

CogitoErgoSometimes Tue 05-Jul-11 14:26:50

YABU.... it's not like that's the Queen's pocket money. It's 'job expenses' for things like hosting various heads of state, travel to international engagements, payment of staff, upkeep of state buildings. I suppose we could have said 'Sorry Mr Obama, instead of a state banquet we're just going to have some pork pies and a few crisps down the Dog & Duck'...... hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now